Chapter Twenty Three

Wayne's POV

Tanya stood in front of my unit door clutching on the worn out travel bag she was carrying with both hands. Ipinasok ko ang box na hawak ko at ibinaba sa living room. After putting down the box which contained important things she brought from their old apartment, I took the travel bag from her and carried it in.

Tanya was a little hesitant at first about moving in with me but after a long talk with her, she finally agreed. I wouldn't have to worry about leaving her all alone in her apartment. Here with me was the safest place she could be right now.

I helped her unpack her clothes and put it in the closet. I wasn't so much into clothes so I still had a lot of room in there for hers.

"Tama ba 'tong ginagawa natin?" She asked in a worried tone as we were unpacking her things.

My brows crumpled as I looked at her. "I don't see why this is wrong. You're my girlfriend and we're not hurting anyone."

"Hindi magandang tignan na nakatira ako dito." She chewed on her bottom lip.

"Do you think I give a flying fuck about what other people think?" I chuckled, cupping her face in my hands. I planted a kiss on her face before looking straight into her eyes. "You are all that matters to me. Just you and I, angel."

"Parang pakiramdam ko mali itong ginagawa natin. Oo nga, may nangyari na sa atin pero iba yung nakatira ako sa bahay mo."

"Tanya, angel, I can't leave you in that apartment alone. What if someone breaks into your house? Kaligtasan mo lang ang iniisip ko. This is just temporary." I pulled her into an embrace and she rested her head against my chest. "Someday we'll make things right. I'll marry you after I graduate and find a stable job. We'll move into a bigger house and we'll have kids. Ten kids running around..."

"Ano'ng ten? Five lang." She chuckled. I hadn't seen her genuinely laugh like this since Tita Esther's death. Her chuckle was a like a music to my ear.

"Fine, five kids." I faked a sigh and rolled my eyes. I brushed my fingers through her hair. "We'll have five kids running around the house."

"Gusto ko may garden. Bata pa lang ako pangarap ko na magkaron ng bahay na may garden." She smiled. It was nice seeing her like this again, seeing her genuine beautiful smiles and laughs. I hadn't seen this side of her since tita Esther got sick. Yeah, she does try to smile but the sadness was still there in her eyes.  I hated seeing her sad. She was hurting but I couldn't do anything about it. And the fact that i couldn't do anything about it, that was what I hated the most.

"And a pool." I said.

"Ayoko ng pool." Her nose crinkled. "Hindi naman kasi ako marunong lumangoy at saka syempre may mga bata sa bahay, baka mahulog sila sa pool. Gusto ko malaking garden lang na may maraming maraming bulaklak at may isang puno para makapagtayo sila ng tree house."

I could already clearly envision it in my mind. It was the most perfect thing I could think of, seeing her smile everyday for the rest of my life, watching our kids chase each other around the backyard, them climbing up the tree house I built for them, children laughing and our bunso running to Tanya because the older ones were teasing her. We'd have the most beautiful kids that would look at us as if we were superheroes. Their eyes innocent and not yet tainted by the world. Fractions of our cells transforming into the most perfect human beings.

"Okay, a no pool house it is. We'll have a house with a huge garden and wooden picket fence around it." I said as I stroke her hair. "Ano pang gusto mo?"

"Gusto ko yung simple lang. Ayoko ng malaking bahay kasi gusto ko nagkikita-kita pa rin tayo. Tatlong bedroom lang dapat. Isa para sa'yo at sa akin. Tapos yung isa para sa mga lalaking anak natin at isa naman para sa mga babae. Share sila ng kwarto para talagang malapit sila sa isa't isa. Ano sa tingin mo?"