Capítulo Uno

Every day is the same. I get up and go to school with my red hoodie. It protects me and I like that. When I get home, I read. It's the only thing that keeps me sane. I go to sleep and repeat. Hoodie, reading, sleep. You get the gist.

I do pretty well in school actually. But you can bet your banana chips I'll never raise my hand for anything.

Then there's the Junior Jocks. The dumb egotistical sport addicts. Besides sports, they like to hunt on bystanders to satisfy their poor tiny brains with pride. One of the most popular of those bystanders is me. Rowan Cooper. We have this routine. They insult me, take my books, hide them in various lockers, and run off.

But as little as they know, I have found the pattern to where they put my books. Plus, they're even too dumb to realize most of the owners of those lockers just put my books in the lost and found.

Today, I think they realized that. Instead of normal routine, they decided to change things up.

Nick, the alpha of the group walks up to me between 3rd and 4th period. The usual time of our routine.

"Look who it is, little miss mute"

I never really responded to them either.

"Why won't you ever show your face, huh? Too scared we'll see your ugly zit you call a face?" Nick accepts the praise he receives from the rest of the jocks for his insult.

"Hey answer me.    ANSWER ME. "
Nick yells in my ear. I try not to flinch.

A boy approaches Nick that I've never seen before. Although, he wears the same outfit as the rest of the group. Yeah, more jocks.

"Hey, leave her alone"

Nick snorts. "Yeah right" Nick whips around and slaps me on the face. I fall to the ground and hide my face even more than usual.

The two jocks start fighting. Nick throws the first punch and the other one grabs his fist mid-punch and starts to cripple his hand. Nick winces in pain. The good fighter looks Nick intensely in the eyes and says, "LEAVE. HER. ALONE" Nick and the rest of the jocks run away faster than I'd thought.

I sit there and pretend like I don't exist and hope he leaves me be.

He holds out his hand as to help me up. I accept his help. I sniffle.

"Hey, hey are you okay?" He looks at me in an endearing way. He wipes a tear off of my lower cheek. I quickly turn my back to him.

"I'm fine, really. I am." He walks over to face me again.

He starts to lower my hood. I grab his wrist.

"Please no, I beg of you" I whisper.

He looks at me endearingly again. Please stop doing that.

"Why are you so afraid to come into the light?"

"Because it's hurt me before"

"Rory Green" we shake hands.

"Rowan Cooper"

"So, do you mind if I accompany you at lunch?"

I slowly nod.

"I'll see you then," he says.
---------------------------------------------

I sit down at my usual spot next to Mitch. He's my only friend basically. Mostly because he's color blind and we share a dull life.

My lunch consists of a Caesar salad and a water. Mitch is enjoying a slice of mushroom pizza.

"Someone is gonna sit by us today"

He looks up. "Who?"

"Some guy named Rory Green"

Rory sits down next to me. "In the flesh. Who's this?" He points to Mitch.

"Mitchell McClellan" he stands up straighter as he states his name.

"How long have you two been together?"

"About 7 months, but we took a break 4 months in because Rowan wanted to explore her sexuality"

I drop my fork. "He's kidding. Jeez Mitch can you be anymore blunt?"

"Hey, if pretty boy over here wants to continue to sit here he's gotta know all the FACTS. I can smell the pheromones off of you. It's sickening"

Rory and I look at each other and I recoil into my hoodie diverting my attention from the big elephant in the room.

Lunch was pretty bland after that. After school, I was walking outside and I'm usually one of the last ones to leave. To my surprise, Rory walks up to me. About 20 people are outside still.

"Hey, can I talk to you about something?"

I shrug. "Sure, I guess."

He faces me and we stop. He reaches for my hood and I step back

"Please no, not this again"

He takes a step forward. "Are you really that scared?"

I take a step back. "You have no idea"

He takes another step. "Rowan-"

I trip and fall. I use my lower arms to get back. He lowers himself to my level. I start to cry soft sobs. "Please, Rory, Please. " Rory reaches up towards my hood and pushes it back to reveal my terrified face with my long, ugly scar along the side of my face in plain sight. He looks at me with the most disgusted look on his face.

"ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?," I yell, "THIS IS WHO I AM. Hate to break it to you but if you were looking for some angel in disguise, you've come to the wrong place." I get up, put up my hood and hurry past him. Rory chases after me. After a while, he catches up to me.

He grabs me by the elbows while looking me in the eyes. "Rowan. Rowan look at me. Who did this to you?"

"It doesn't matter you can't protect me from it"

"Yes I can. Who did this to you? I don't care who they are I will do anything to protect you"

"Why? What did I ever do for you? You met me this morning."

"I knew this girl like you, and I couldn't protect her. By the time I got to her, it was too late. I never forgave myself after that"

"I'm sorry Rory but I'm not gonna be some charity case for you so you can feel good about yourself"
---------------------------------------
A/n: first chapter yeah!!! Hope you Guys enjoyed and I'll probably update soon. Let's get this to 10 reads:p