Character Introductions : Durnrik : Elven Sorcerer

There is only a few things in Durnrik's life that he is certain about. First and foremost he idolizes his father. According to the stories he has heard, Alistairian Sylvanasi was an exceptional swordsman who had been all over the world adventuring and treasure hunting. He wants to be just like his dad, but, he had never actually met him. Second there was problem, his powers had developed at an early age and his mother saw this not only as her meal ticket but also a way to fuel her growing addiction to any chemical she could get her hands on.

You name it she had done it. Healing potions, pain potions, clerical magic, she would even buy (or steal) random potions in hopes that they would give her a moment of blissful numbness. She pushed Durnrik to get a job at the alchemist's as soon as he was old enough with strict instructions to take anything he could home with him. He did take things at first but he began to feel a closeness to the old alchemist. He was the father he never had. He taught him how to be a man. What honesty, duty and commitment was. He knew that Durnrik was taking things he also somehow knew he would eventually stop.

In his spare time he would take a wooden sword he had found and flail at a tree or a large boulder. Pretending it was a great monster of somekind. He never told anyone about his want to be a swordsman and his dislike of his powers he had developed. He thought he was doomed to a life of magic and could not ever be anything else.

Then he and his friends went to listen to the "Mountain Tragedy". Unbeknownst to him his life was about to change.

https://ddb.ac/characters/27475553/Xb17YO

ac/characters/27475553/Xb17YO