Prolouge

They ran. The distant police car sirens were getting louder. They were after them. They pulled into a small, dark room and shut the door.

"Come on!" He whispered.

"Alright!" Someone replied.

"Shh!" The oldest of them all shushed them, "be quiet or we'd be as good as dead!"

One of them opened the door a bit to observe the situation. There were many people here, but none of them seemed to notice the three children. Panic filled the badminton court. Everyone was rushing out the door.

'Bang! Bang!'

The sound of gunshots filled the air and the panic rose. Everyone ran around frantically, having only one way out, they were surrounded. A thick Asian boy around 13 years old stomped around near the door. He looked at the three boys hopefully, his eyes red. The second oldest of the three boys seemed to show a bit of sympathy, giving him a knife he found and a chocolate bar. The boy took the items, and just before the he could offer the kid shelter with them, a stream of bullets struck the boy in the side. He collapsed with a screech. The oldest boy shut the door quickly, just as some soldiers trekked by.

'This is gruesome,' thought the oldest kid, 'it is my responsibility to ensure they feel safe.'

In an instant, all the screaming ceased. The badminton court was void of any sound, although the three boys still held their breath, not letting out even the slightest bit of noise. They opened the white door, and all that was left was blood, body parts, and dead bodies. There wasn't a single soldier to be seen, apart from one who died in the crowd. The Asian kid's eyes stared lifelessly at the youngest boy.

'He did nothing to deserve that,' he thought.

Again, they ran.