Chapter 2

Chapter 2

'You can outrun what is running after you, but not what is running inside you.'— African Proverb

DIRECTOR George Sawers sat crisply on his favorite Plush faux executive chair, arms resting on the nondescript mahogany table in front. He was in his plain brown cardigan, polo shirt and simple jeans. Not the usual formal suit. Its almost twelve midnight, and the director insisted in handling the final special training of the agents. He was a man with few words, a lot of wit and secrecy. Sawers was a decent figure of a Chief Director. His rational mindset was mostly envied and feared by the unethical bureaucrats. He played no political games and was on no one's side. What's a job should be done in the name of the law. No friends, no ranks, no bloods. Sawers first worked as a body guard of Vice President Wellington on 1984, he decided to study law but find law school boring. He went to Italy Cypher Integrated school  by the urged of a friend and trained as an agent, a spy, and thereafter, worked in the CIA. The CIA was divided into two branch, the SIA (Secret Intelligence Agency) which was established in Britain. For over the years of becoming an agent, Sawers moved to UK and became the deputy director of SIA ,until he became the chief. SIA was a much lower agency than the CIA. Low profile, and unknown to the rest of the world. It was meant that way. Low class as it may seem, but SIA was the main source of intelligence of the CIA. It held precious and deadly secrets which no one knows about.  Sawers kept all that secret together with his highly trained agents and  has served the country for almost a decade.

He was a man with a viel of dignity. And his righteousness  was hated by many.

"Tell Mr. Volkov that I'll be there in a minute."

"Yes sir."

The man went for the door to deliver the message. He was exhausted and  frustrated for going to and from the oval of the SIA compound. The poor body guard became a messenger carrying  only five to ten words where infact, the SIA had the highest quality of communication technology. He cursed himself for having such a job.

"Mr. Sawers is still coming sir." The man said and quickly disappeared out of sight. Mr. Volkov heave a sigh.

A mob of students from The Cypher Code Academy was scattered on the field with only the half-quartered moon above them. This students will soon become SIA agents once passing the final test. They wore agent clothes, black all over with nightvision shades, for them to see in the dark and a .22 silencer. Each has a backpack slung over their shoulders which contains emergency kits, pocketknifes, and mini technologies. All has a wireless headphone for contact and a digital wrist watch for GPS.

"Attention agents!" Volkov hollered, stepping into the movable platform. His deep voice voceperates in the cold dark night.

"Tonight, is your finals. This isn't your ordinary kind of exam. It'll start at exactly midnight, and results will be ready before daybreak." Volkov paused and cleared his throat. "This is much special, because Chief Director Sawers, insisted to be with you tonight as your honorable proctor." He said highlighting the word 'honorable'. Volkov was indeed one of the envious.

Murmurs starts to float in the air as students started buzzing like a bunch of bees in a beehive.

"Certain it is Volkov."

Sawers appeared out of nowhere. Students became silent and Volkov almost cursed out loud, shocked by the sudden bolt-out-of-the-blue.

"Ah, yes Director. My warmest greeting." Volkov chuckled. Sawers only nodded and stepped into the platform. Volkov nervously backed away.

"Good evening dear agents."

The students greeted back in chorus.

"Tonights final, is something exciting and extraordinaire. As you all know, a crime is best fruitful at nightime. Your grades will matter upon your performance. Its either you catch a fish which is easy with a bait, or dive to sieze a clam. Then the applause will be much more louder."