Chapter 27

It's be two days and I'm currently standing in the hospital,waiting to here news on Mason and King. The room suddenly just got so small and I'm starting to feel claustrophobic my breathing is becoming slow. Mason's mother looks at me like I'm a nut case, she's never liked me, I know it has something to do with Mason because he's never actually spoke highly of me to his mother he makes me out to be a monster and I'm the one cheating on him. Some part of it is because she looks down to me and my family she thinks my dad is some sort of bad cop and Mason had to hide our relationship for so long because she refused us being together.

I leave the room as quickly as possible hoping to catch my breath but nothing was helping, this always happens all because I feel guilty fucking emotions. "Miss Texas, Mason's mother would like a word." I hate when she does this, she makes her little butler man come and get him to speak to me. She's been with his dad for years and he's such a lovely man but very oblivious to the fact that she's fucking the butler.

When I finally catch my breath I walk back in, Mason has woken by now and I just feel more guilty. I was gonna break up with him, I expected it to go quite well but I never thought him and King would get shot.

"Ade, thank god you're here. Are you okay? Was you hurt?" When he acts like this I question his feelings towards me, he says he loves me but cheats on me and then acts all concerned. "Mom leave us be." His mom walked out giving me a death glare, she's gonna be happy with the outcome. It's awkward for a good five minutes but I'm the first to speak.

"I'm sorry I got you into this mess. I don't know what happened." If me and mason never got together he wouldn't be lying in this bed flinching every time he moved. "The doctor said it just missed your lung an inch higher and you would've died." He looked at me in shock and for a minute I thought I saw a smile on his face. Wait why is he smiling.

"I've liked you for so long Ade and I screw it up by cheating on you. I did love you at one stage but I just couldn't stay in love, if you get what I mean." I look up and for once I actually did. "Mason, I think it's best we break up. Look what I've just got you into, I know you've cheated on me and that's one of the reasons why were splitting. But I do hope to have you as a friend after this."

He pats his hospital bed and shuffles over so I can lay next to him. "I never wanted to hurt you, I was just to much of a coward to admit that you deserved better. I didn't want my mother to be right." I knew exactly what he meant and I didn't blame him. "Just stay for a while, cuddle and then you can leave as my friend." I snuggled into him and just dozed off. This went a lot better then I thought.