Sneak Peek into Book II

"He was the reason for that. He is the reason my family is beyond fixing. He is the reason you will never come back. Does that make me pathetic? Maybe. Do I care? No. The real question should be, shouldn't I be blaming you? You, Lea, are the real reason for all of this. You are the cause for all this sadness, pain, suffering in my life. But I can't find it in my heart to blame you. I will always keep making excuses for you. I will never be willing to admit all the ways you have wronged me. I won't, I can't, because I don't have a choice, do I? In the end, the truth is I was born with the misfortune of being your son. I was born into this world to one of the worst possible mothers. And because of this, I am stuck inside my own shell, knowing that the worst thing that has ever happened to me is something I couldn't have controlled. You being my mother is the worst possible thing that could happen to me, because now? Now I'm trapped. I have no choice. I have to love you. I can't bring myself to hate you. Because in the end, you are my biological mother. I carry your blood, and there had been a time, eons ago, when you had been the greatest mother I could possibly ask for. Too bad for me that you didn't stay that way. I can't find the strength in me to blame you, so all I can do is blame him. He had dragged you away from me, and I have no ounce of respect for that home-wrecker. Nothing you say will change the fact that he, in my eyes, is a monster."