CHAPTER IV

"I wouldn't betray you like that Park. My brother is like you so how could I?"

          Kyungsoo laughed again as Chanyeol's eyes widened to an unimaginable size. "W-Wait..." He stuttered.

          "Yeah, he's gay." Kyungsoo said since it was obvious Chanyeol was having problems forming sentences.

          "So you're cool with me being gay?"

          "Yes."

          "And you won't rat me out or anything?"

          "You're an idiot Park."

          Chanyeol laughed at that. "Sorry it's just the only person who knows about me is my brother Baekhyun."

          Kyungsoo nodded his head in understanding. "If you ever need a place to run to just hop the fence in your backyard and come here. My parents wouldn't care and I'm sure Kai would want someone to talk to who's like him." He said with just a ghost of a smile.

          The idiot boy he's been neighbors with for the majority of his life wasn't so stupid and perfect as he originally thought him to be. Chanyeol has his own problems like the rest of the people on this planet so he was stupid to think that he had a perfect life. The tall boy has had to hide his entire life all because of what's considered "normal" and Kyungsoo should know since he's had to help his younger brother hide all these years from those who seek to harm him. It's not an easy thing to do, especially when you're told from a young age that your kind is an abomination to humanities existence.

          "You know." Kyungsoo suddenly said as he glanced to Chanyeol and then towards the closed blinds of his window. "I might have been wrong about you all these years."

          "So you don't hate me then?"

          "Don't go that far, you're still the most annoying person on the planet." He chuckled in response. "But i suppose I won't completely ignore your existence from now on."

          Chanyeol smiled at that which Kyungsoo felt his heart falter in its rhythmic beats for a millisecond. That caught him off guard. How could a simple stretch of perfect lips make him feel a sudden emotion he's managed to fight off all these years? Maybe he was just being stupid and nothing actually happened. Probably that is the answer considering Kyungsoo still despises the boy who sits on his bed.

          Deciding to be at least somewhat productive while Chanyeol stays over for the afternoon, Kyungsoo wandered over to his school bag next to his desk and pulled out his laptop where their research paper was typed up on. "Why did you want to do our project over music anyway Park?" He asked as he pulled up the document.

          Chanyeol shrugged his shoulders in response. "I always wanted to be a song writer so I thought a fun final project would be to do it over my one dream."

          "So that's why you used to always sing when you were younger." Kyungsoo chuckled at the memories of hearing Chanyeol's obnoxiously loud singing from their backyards with only the single fence separating the two. He actually wasn't that bad of a singer, but Kyungsoo truly hated him so he used to yell from behind his side of the fence that he was forever off key with every note he tried to hum.