Chapter 2

I walk outside unwillingly. I have to take care of Storm. This used to be the highlight of my day, the very reason I existed. That was before the accident. Now I dread the time that I am forced to get up and leave the safety of my house.

I don't like leaving because there's a chance i could see someone else. Someone who doesn't understand and thinks I'm just a strange girl.

When I get there, my worse fear is confirmed.

Someone else is there.

And it's a boy.

And he's cute. He has blonde hair and sparking green eyes.

He's tending to Pharaoh, my dad's horse.

"Hi," I say politely and go to Storm's stall.

"Hey! You're Coral, right?" He asks me.

How did he know? "Yeah," I answer and start moving Storm outside.

"Your dad hired me. And he told me that...that your name was Coral. Plus, I could kind of tell. The hair. The eyes."

Yeah, sure. I bet Dad told him all about Brandon. Oh. Right.

My parents named me Coral because of how I looked. My bright red hair with copper flecks and sea blue eyes.

"Yeah. What's your name?" I ask and get Storm out.

"Finnick," he answers.

I nod and start shoveling Storm's stall.

"Oh, you don't have to do that. That's my job," Finnick tells me.

Uh...no. I take care of my horse. Key word: my. I take care of her. Even the gross parts. "I've got it, thanks."

I finish up and start saddling Storm. I feel Finnick's eyes on me. Why is he watching me?

"Well...bye." I jump up easily onto the saddle and ride away.