Chapter Nine

Alec couldn't get the smile to leave his face. He was laying on his back, staring at the ceiling, thinking of Magnus. His amber green eyes that reminded him of a cat. His loving words. Magnus. His husband. Alec liked the sound of that. His husband. His smile grew bigger. He got up, crossing the room to his balcony. The sound of sirens wailing caused him to break out of his dream like state. He was standing outside his room on his balcony watching as a cop car pulled up to his house. Alec frowned. What was this about? Alec watched curiously as head of the NYPD, Luke Garroway stepped out of his squad car and approached his parents and Jocelyn, who where standing outside in their pyjamas. Alec watched as his mother covered her mouth and let out a sob. His father looked up at the sky and cursed, before he too shed a tear. Jocelyn was silent. Her eyes watery and red. Alec walked back in his room as he saw Jocelyn walk back into the house. A minute later she appeared in his doorway. She shut the door.

    "Alec, please take a seat." She asked him with a nervous tone. Alec hesitated but sat on his bed. Jocelyn closed her eyes. She sat silent for a moment.

    "Please Jocelyn, what ever it is, i'm sure I can handle it." Her eyes opened, revealing pity and sadness.

    "The cops where called to a scene of a crime. A brawl between the Banes and us." Alec already didn't like where this was going. Just the mention of Magnus' family made him worried.

    "There were two deaths." Alec's mind raced. 

    "Raphael Santiago, Magnus best friend." Alec felt sorry for Magnus. He wished he could comfort him. "and...Jace." Alec froze. His breaths shallow and short. Tears stung his eyes. It was as if he could feel Jace's life being pulled away. As if the physical, emotional and mephitical string that had bonded  them together, had just snapped.

    "Jace killed Raphael, and..." She stopped not wanting to finish. Alec looked in her eyes.

    "Who killed Jace?" Alec already knew the answer. He could feel it, growing in him but he wanted to be sure it was just his over active imagination.

    "Magnus Bane." Jocelyn finally choked out. Alec let the hideous sobs erupt. His best friend murdered by is husband.

    "Magnus has been banished. Witness' say that Jace killed Raphael and Magnus and Jace got into a fight and but he looks of it, Magnus was defending himself. The NYPD decide to banish him. For life." Alec could feel his heart sink. He curled into the fetal position. He wished to drown in his tear. He wished to die alone. He hated Magnus for what he did but he hated Jace for making Magnus do it. Revenge is never something that ends well.

    "Alec think on the bright side. Magnus would have died if he hadn't killed...him. Jace wouldn't have let him go alive. Once he starts he doesn't stop. Look at Raphael. If Magnus was in a fight with Jace, it was either him or Jace." Alec looked up at her. She looked at him with a sad smile, as if telling him everything was going to be alright. It wasn't. Nothing was going to ever be okay again.