The Broken soul

I thought I was dreaming. Yes she closed my hand with her and dragged all the way to ice cream shop.

Her hands entangled with mine. Yet this wasn't the first time I'm being touched by her. I was tensed , drops of sweat from my palms wet her hand.

" Your hands are chill " she grimaced.

As we got in , she ordered two chocolate bars which was my in favourite list.

She was in blue jeans and white shirt. Her hair of velvet like a rainforest fell over her shoulder.

She looked straight in to my eyes.

I looked back even stronger , her meadow green eyes reflected me.

"Do you know why are we here ? " she gave her half smile.

" Some special occasion ?" I asked nervously.

" Of course "

The ice creams arrived in a glass cup with chocolates spread over the white snow.

She moved one towards me. My face was plain.

" Could you guess at least ? " she teased.

I bit my lips and lost in thinking process.

It cannot be more than birthday's ' I thought. Her dad is her favourite all the time. I came to a conclusion and asked.

" Maybe your dad's birthday "

" Poor guess " she curved her lips downward.

I twisted my fingers in anxiety.

Her lips white from the ice cream , I could literally see the melting in her mouth !! The way she made her face , closing her eyes and cringing her shoulder for each cold bite , finishing with a wide flat smile, my heart pounded faster !!!

"What is it then ? " I asked turning back to my senses hardly after watching her eat.

She almost blushed.

" The thing is " she paused.

" Mm finally its happening " she faltered.

" What ? " I mused.

" I m getting married " she finished.

The sound became inaudible , the beats of my heart.

It really skipped a beat for the first time by her words.

Sweat became deep this time in spite of the AC in the room. I checked my senses , am I really here or a worst nightmare ' I mumbled.

" Hello " she waved her hand in front of my eyes.

I shook my head in despair.

" Are you listening ? I said I m getting married , don't you feel happy ? " her face shimmering like a shattered piece of diamond.

I just nodded.

" Best wishes " I replied with dreary eyes.

I gasped for breath.

" Are you alright " she asked tugging tendrils of hair that fell on her face behind her ear.

" I think its too cold " I managed.

She got up and gave a light hug. Smiled and asked " Now better ? "

I chuckled resistantly.

" I'll miss you " she said pleading.

" You'll be happy with him , you won't even remember me " I teased slowly.

" Never " she snapped.

" Will you walk me home ? " she asked leaning on my shoulder.

" Yes come " I said thinking that its going to be the last walk with her to home.

" You never told me about him " I asked curtly.

" I thought to say later " she said bluntly.

I walked her home with her hands inside mine , the evening sun sinking behind the tall trees that stood on both sides of the road.

" I'll text you everything " she opened the door bidding me bye with a kiss on my cheek.

It was like a good bye to me.

She snapped the door behind , almost on my face.

I started walking again , my eyes poured out the first drop which fell straight on the ground.

I dabbed it with my hand , the sun rays fell straight on my face , I was squinting.

I Sink behind the dark traffic that looked better than my day.