The Romantics

As I got up from my bed the day was dull there was very little light actually. The clouds seemed to be mourning for sun's absence.

The earthy smell had spread its flavour all over that awaited the tears from clouds. The dry lands , trees and even people were anxious to begin the new life on earth that eventually started with the rain.

I felt a lot better ' Rain was my thing. It had the power to bring me back my smile - to understand my inner self - to make strong decisions and most importantly the loving memories of my mom.

One more thing was whenever I got a glimpse of rain my mind would ultimately end up with the one I love. And now it was Emily.

I didn't think of attending my school after I felt confident about myself even though today was the last working day. Emily was the one I wished to see.

I took a shower after four long days. The accident in the pool yesterday doesn't count.

When I yanked my Jean I felt a little pain around the knee but it was bearable. And then I selected my favourite Gray T-shirt that granny had gifted me last Christmas.

" Good to see you like this " gran said as she saw me getting downstairs.

She was arranging the table for breakfast.

" You look handsome dear "

" Always I'm " I smiled back winking at her.

" So what about Emily you guys are together right ? " gran asked skeptically.

" No granny she is not ready to show it in front of me even though I know she loves me - she acts very well you know " I said grudgingly.

She can't hold for long son. But it's right from her part. You shouldn't have treated her like that.

" Yes I do know that gran " I nodded slowly.

After I finished my breakfast I slipped out to Emily's home informing gran.

I knocked the door and it was Rachel who opened it. She was quiet shocked to find me there.

" uh Jake what are you doing here ? " she faltered.

" I came for Emily "

" Get in " she said opening the door wider.

" Its hard to see you these days "

Actually I ran into her exactly four times for the past two years. I would just smile at her.

" I had an accident last week " I told her.

" I'm so sorry I forgot completely about that Emily told me everything and how is it now " she asked pleasingly.

" Better " I said.

Rachel had never expressed anything she always talked less unlike Emily. She was the same still.

She had grown a little older ' I noticed.

Her face was the same subtle that Emily had inherited from Rachel.

" Emily is in her room " she said as she moved in to kitchen.

I took right which I thought would lead to her room as far as I remembered.

" Yes this is it " I mumbled after seeing the door decorated by Barbie's stuff which I helped her out in my third grade.

I opened it without knocking. Emily was admiring her beauty in the mirror and she turned suddenly with the only white towel around her body.

She opened her mouth wide in astonishment.

" What are you doing here " she shouted.

" Just thought to see your pretty face " I said teasingly.

" Stay out I was about to take bath " she snapped.

" I could see it "

The towel covered her up from her breasts to knees. Her skin shimmered smoothly to be touched and loved with passion.

Her turquoise eyes passing it's radiance straight to mine. She moved closer so that she could push me out and lock the door.

The heat was growing within me and she reflected the same commotion.

She gave a bitter try to put her hands on my chest pushing me back towards door.

I retorted and pulled her up in to my arms. She gave a weak protest that was done on purpose. But she was more vulnerable this time and she wanted me the same way I wanted her.

She made some movements as though to escape but then surrendered as the fire inside me lit her with same intensity.

I felt her hug tighten around me and hence the more I felt her aroused curves against my chest.

She stared into my eyes with burning hunger and yanked me in to a deep kiss tilting my head to match her.

My hands buried into thick lock of her hair bringing her closer with each increasing desire to savour her completely.

The cadence of rain echoed in my ears at very low frequency. Coldness of rain and the sullen light enlightened our saucy mood sinuously.

We both moved to bed with growing passion. Her tongue sloshed inside my mouth and then she removed my T-shirt in one sudden pull.

The move made her towel slip over the bed. She didn't care either. The texture of her body was breathtaking. Her hair fell over her bare skin of blooming buds.

She clasped herself against me kissing on my neck and she let her hands explore the rustic muscles on my back.

I bit her ears in excitement as she moved clumsily against me and her silky mass against my bare skin fired me up to consume her in every way possible.

She bent against my chest feeling it with her sultry tongue. I shuddered with her each move.

I brought her face again to mine kissing her with more pleasure that was induced by her. It was an oblivion - an ecstasy of lifetime.

" Stop " Emily gasped as she released herself from my hold.

She moved back concealing herself with the towel.

My heart beat was denser but slow from the sudden dismissal of excitement.

" What's wrong em ? " I asked with heavy heart.

She nodded her head in disagreement. Her face rumpled with fear.

" Meet me evening at seven - The Rumours wine bar " she said knotting her strands.

Goddamn it. She is still the same. How come she can control her emotions so well ?

" But why did you stop ? "

" Please get out " she said frowning.

" I Love you Emily " I said without any hesitation it just came from my heart.

I was sure she skipped a beat her face went still for a moment.

" please ..." She moved her eyes directing me out.

I moved out pulling my T-shirt in to place.

What is next ? I thought. Is she really going to say no to me.

Oh god she is stubborn and even after I had told that I love her she didn't utter a word back.

I waited nervously for the dusk to desiccate the endless rain and an end to my pain that swirled upon Emily's words this evening.