Bad Blood

The cold swayed with the wind making us freeze. I hugged her back even stronger.

Boom !! Crack - crack. The sound of gunshots echoed rippling my ears.

Em cringed against me in fear.

I looked back the way it came from , a white car was parked around the corner on the other lane ,someone got inside the car quickly and roared up the car.

Two more shots in cadence. Emily collapsed against my body.

"Holy shit " I shouted in anguish.

The bullet had tore up her waist witnessing its depth. Blood poured out endlessly coating the blue of her dress red.

" You are going to be okay " I gasped with tears running through my cheeks. She struggled to bring her voice out.

I lifted her up getting in to an ambulance.

Her head rested on my lap. I tore up my shirt and wrapped it around the spot. My heart shuddered with pain.

She tried to say something but I kept on patting on her chest.

" Hold on Em we are going to be great together " I shouted savagely.

We reached the hospital and then I lifted her up like a baby with my hands enclosing her body.

She gave out a heavy breathe.

The words she was struggling came to life at last " I'm not lucky enough Jake ".

She froze in my arms her eyes looking at mine and smiled her dimples out.

" Oh please Hang on Em " my voice reaching the sky.

It was very late. Her eyes were still staring at me the same as my little Emily's.

I cried - cried a lot !! Shouted in turmoil.

Dreams being shattered in an eye's blink. I hugged her tight not able to leave her like that.

" Fuck him on his asshole ## son of a bitch " I cried in vain.

My eyes seethed with anger for a revenge.

I kissed Em for the one last time on her forehead. Then I handed my Emily lifeless to her mom Rachel whose eyes were scorning as hell.

She didn't ask a word to me.I ran back to the place leaving my soul with Emily carrying only the merciless heart that was left.

I inquired around the shop about the car.

" It was a girl " his voice was rough.

A bearded man of around mid thirties spoke as he approached me. The red veins of his eyes were vivid.

" She waited here for more than an hour and then suddenly she triggered some bullets from her pistol "

" We were afraid to stop her , she doesn't seem to be a professional , she shot some after getting in to the car then she flew in a minute " he shrugged. His face still consumed by the fear.

I was shocked and confused.

" What does she look like ? "

" She was young and slim -honey blond - she was in a black jacket and Jean "

" Well I have the car number halfway - FYD 67 and two more numbers "

" Fuck " I groaned.

" Is there any surveillance camera around ? " I asked wistfully.

" Mm I hope the last shop has one " he started to walk towards the shop that was in the other corner.

I followed him blindly. Still I couldn't believe that Em was no more.

The shop had a 360 degree camera that hung from ceiling. The owner was young. A wisp of smoke came out of his nose as he pulled his cigarette out.

" Hey John he wants you to help with the surveillance camera he needs some information " the man with me said casually.

" Come on get in " he said bluntly.

My eyes focused on the monitor screen while my heart triggered the seething blood for revenge.

The same white car flew very fast. I asked him to slow down the scene. As the car turned down the corner " Pause " I grudged.

He paused and the picture was clear.

As he zoomed in , the car window was open and half of her face was visible.

I looked closer and my breath froze for a moment. Stacey !!! I shouted.

My face went pale and I was appalled. Heart beats echoed in my mind. And then blur.

I felt dizzy and fainting.