I Want You Back

Chapter 10

"Hey baby." Josh kissed Maya and smiled. Riley was really happy for him. Plus she'd never seen him more elated than he had been, she assumed winning over the woman he'd had feelings for, for years was the cause.

"Good game baby." The dark haired man kissed her head and adjusted his bag. "Where's Lucas?" Maya questioned.

"He was still in the locker room when I left. He should be out in a few minutes, he mentioned going to dinner. Riles, you good with that?" The brunette nodded her head and saw the double doors of the school fly open. She couldn't help the small smile that came to her face, and unfortunately disappeared immediately.

"Who's that?" The blonde asked. The brown eyed girl watched their exchange and swallowed the lump in her throat.

"That's Lindsey. His girlfriend, she's really nice." Tingles of envy erupted through her body.

Her blue eyes narrowed. "No, they broke up."

"I told you it's complicated Maya." The blonde threw her arm over her best friends shoulder. Riley felt defeated and clearly Lucas didn't know she was going to be there. The look on his face was pure shock.

"RILEY!" Lindsey ran towards the brunette and hugged her. "Lucas told me what happened. I'm so sorry." The brown eyed girl cleared her throat after a few tears fell.

"Thank you." The quarterback stared at the dancer and wanted to hold her.

"I just wanted to tell Lucas good game. Josh, love you." She hugged her uncle and her best friend. "Peaches, i'll talk to you later. Lindsey it was really great to see you again, I have to go practice."

"No, Riley come out with us." His girlfriend divulged. "I'd love to get to know you more." Maya saw the look of panic on her best friends face that she was trying to hide.

"She's got Nationals in a few weeks and she still hasn't finished choreographing."

Lindsey's jaw dropped. "No way, that's so cool. Maybe Lucas and I can go watch." It was extremely hard to dislike Lindsey. "Where is it?"

"Um, sorry I blanked for a second. Los Angeles." Her brown eyes connected to Lucas and he mouthed the words 'i'm sorry'. "You all have too much fun. Lindsey, again great to see you."

"Bye Riley, next time we need to hang out though. I've gotten glimpses of you and i'd like to know more." Her arm wrapped around Lucas' waist and the dancer spun on her heels and hurriedly left. But, not after falling on her face.

"RILES!" Maya helped her off the gravel. "Are you okay? You're bleeding."

"I'm good. Bye." She sprinted to her car, focusing really hard to not fall again. When it rains, it pours.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"Riley, what happened to your head?" Topanga questioned.

"Oh, I fell. Surprise, surprise." The brunette slammed the door shut and sat by her mom. "Where's dad?"

"He went out with Shawn. He needed a guys night." Mrs. Matthews took a sip of her hot tea and closed her book. "How are you?"

"Not good mom." Riley tried extremely hard to not cry but no matter how much she fought, the tears fell. "Auggie is gone, Lucas is I don't even know what's going on with him, my choreography is awful, I haven't eaten but small snacks for the past 2 days." She slowly leaned onto her mother's shoulders. "I miss you."

Topanga started crying. "I miss you too baby." Her lips touched her brown hair. "We thought you were still mad at us. So we were giving you your space."