8 May, Thursday

Today, I pretty much zoned out throughout all my classes. I couldn't focus on everything or anything at all. I guess I was too worried about my family's financial issues.

It got worse today when my mom said to me after school at home, "Nikki, dear, do you mind babysitting Brianna today?"

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going to a baby shower," Mom answered.

How could she bother going to... um... UNIMPORTANT THINGS like a BABY SHOWER?! Why couldn't she work overtime or something? I've even learnt how to cook already! Or I could always just cook those instant noodles which cause hair loss! I always wonder what do they put in those stuff!

"Okay, I guess...?" I said, but it was more of a question than an answer.

"Thanks honey!" Mom said with a big smile, "I'll be back at around ten, and your dad won't be back until then as well. Could you cook dinner for Brianna and yourself?"

"I guess," I said.

"Thank you," Mom said, before rushing upstairs.

Okay, so then I had a MAJOR PROBLEM!

I had to work, and I would knock off at about five. And I also had to babysit Brianna!

First of all, I can't survive taking care of more than five unruly ANIMALS running around the place.

Also, I definitely needed help on this one! And by "help", I meant dialing an animal trainer!

Which meant I had absolutely NO choice but to bring Brianna to Fuzzy Friends. I could only PRAY that she WOULDN'T mess anything up!

"Why are we going to Fuzzy Friends?" Brianna asked for the hundredth time that day.

"Because I have to work to earn money!" I answered in exasperation, "And PLEASE don't mess anything up while you're there!"

"Okey dokey!" she said while skipping to the front door.

When the bells hung on the door clanged, Betty immediately looked up from the front desk.

"Hi there Nikki!" she said with a smile, looking at me, "So... you brought along your sister to help?"

"Uh... yes," I answered.

"That's great!" she said, "I could pay her as well."

"Yay!" Brianna cheered, "I can use the money to buy a baby unicorn from Wall Mart!"

I really wanted to tell her that unicorns didn't exist and get her to the nearest therapist ASAP! But I just kept my mouth shut.

Gotta go! I'll finish this entry later... maybe! I'm too exhausted to even write now!

GOODNIGHT!

A/N: Hello my readers! Sorry for not updating for more than two months! I guess I was just losing inspiration, got carried away with other books, and things were happening to me irl... so yeah! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and comment! And thanks for more than 10K views! ^_^