Chapter 4

Beyoncé's POV

I'm breastfeeding Blue this morning and felt I should call Justin to see if he actually dropped Daya off at school.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby daddy. What you doing?"

"Beyoncé did you not just curse me out last night?"

"Well that was yesterday so forget about it. Did you drop Daya off at school?"

"Yes I did Bey. I'm actually just now getting back."

"Cool...so are you gonna pick her up from school & bring her to my house?"

"I was actually wondering if you'll pick her up. I'm heading out to rehearsal & then I have a meeting to attend that's an hour out the city."

"Uhhh alright. Since you're heading out I can swing by & pick up her bags so I won't have to go back. Can you like wait an hour?"

"Nah I can't Bey. Why don't you just get Daya's key to my house while she's in class. That way you won't have to do all the backtracking."

"Okay I'll do that & talk to you later. Bye"

"Bye."

~~~~~
Daya's POV

I looked down at my phone & saw lunch would've just happened if I were at school. My friends and I have been having a great time smoking, & now hanging out on the beach.

"Y'all my mom is calling me. Should I answer or text her back?" I ask.

"You're suppose to be in class so text her back." My friend Cole said. I texted her back & she called me again.

"She's calling me again. Ugh!" I hit the answer button.

"Ma I can't talk I'm in class." I whispered to make it seem more realistic.

"Oh really? Well why am I at your school & they said you never showed up?" She said. Damn.

"Ummmm...you see-"

"Aubree don't start that lying. Meet me at your father's house NOW!" She yelled & hung up.

"Y'all I gotta go. Can y'all take me to my dad's house?" We got up & got back in the car.
~~~~~~
Beyoncé's POV

"Shawn & then she had the nerve to whisper as if she's in class." I said. I heard him laugh loudly into the phone.

"It's not funny! She's bold as hell, but wait until I see her." I said.

"Bey don't beat her too bad." He said.

"Nah I can't make promises. Look she just pulled up I gotta go." I said.

"Okay bye." The car pulled up beside me & Daya's friends backed out of the driveway. I got out my car & followed her inside the house.

"Before you grab your bags, sit down on the couch." I said. I placed my bag on the table & stood in front of her.

"Why were you skipping school today?"

"I don't know. I didn't want to be in class."

"There's a lot of things I don't want to do but I do. What makes you think you can just skip class? You're 16 Aubree!"

"We were gonna have a substitute teacher all day & I didn't wanna do busy work."

"Do you realize how dumb that sounds? You didn't wanna do busy work? Well I don't wanna beat your ass but I am. Bring me a belt." I saw her tense up.

"I'm sorry mama. I won't do it again."

"Nope. Should've went to class. Had me coming up there to pick up your key & they haven't even seen you. I actually don't need your belt." I took off my belt & went to work.

"Stop moving & sit still. You weren't crying when you were out skipping school." I hit her a couple of more times & stopped. She just laid on the couch.

"Get up & get your bags. You got 5 minutes." I said. She slowly got up & I shook my head. I went into Justin's fridge & got me a Naked smoothie drink.

Daya came out of her room with all of her stuff & we walked to my car. Instead of her getting in the passenger seat, she sat in the back which let me know she's mad. Oh well, don't be skipping school no more.

*****COMMENT, VOTE!*****