Chapter Nine: Fall Apart

~Haru's P.O.V.~

My call went to voice mail, and my arm gave out. As I thought, he hated me. I regret my decision, but I can't change it. Makoto was my best friend, and I wasn't going to let him down. Who knew that a stupid hook up could affect me this much? My body slouched, and I slid down the wall. I stared at my bedroom door. Maybe I could stop by his house? No. I couldn't do that. Even if I did Rin wouldn't want to talk to me. 

I tugged at my hair and stifled a sob. I haven't slept since I last spoke to Rin. Makoto came over every day, and I put on an act. I didn't want him to get involved in this. Well, I guess he already was, but he doesn't know he is. I clutched my chest. I have to be strong and ignore my feelings for Rin. I ended it, and I had no right messing with him anymore. 

I refrained from dialing his number again. I had to deal with this. After all, I was the one who inflicted this on myself. Instead I dialed Makoto's number. He picked up on the second ring. I felt bad for making him wait, and he's always there for me whenever I need him. 

"Hey, Haru!" He said excitedly. 

"Hi, I was wondering if you want to do something today?" I asked bluntly.

"Yeah! I'll be over in ten minutes!" Makoto promised.

Before I could reply, he ended the call with a click. I sighed and stood up. I got ready quickly, and I finished right before he showed up. He just lets himself in, and I don't really care. We've been friends since we were kids, and now he's my- boyfriend. 

I keep forgetting he's more than my best friend, but it takes people a while to get used to this kind of thing, right?

"Well, you sure are looking handsome today." Makoto complimented with his usual smile.

If only I could make Rin smile like that.

Haru, stop thinking about Rin. You're supposed to be in love with Makoto.

"Thanks." I blushed and intertwined my fingers with his.

He pulled me in for a kiss, and it wasn't the same as when we were making out in the pool. I could feel the love in his kiss. He was trembling, and his hands were shaking with nervousness and adrenaline as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

I gave in to the kiss and draped my arms around his neck. Maybe this would help me move on from Rin. Makoto didn't know it, but he was the only thing keeping me stable right now. I knew that at any moment I would fall apart.  It was only a matter of when.

"Mako," I said softly. "What do you want to do?"

"There are a lot of things I want to do. You're one of them, but I'm guessing you want to go out somewhere?" He replied with a question.

I blushed and averted my gaze. I never had sex with anyone besides -

Stop.

"If you wouldn't mind. Maybe after..." I didn't finish my sentence. It was too embarrassing.

This is why I barely talked in general. It made things awkward.
His face lit up, and we left. I had no clue where we were going. It seemed like he did though.

We stopped by an ice cream shop and walked around the park for  a little while. It was enjoyable, but it was also really cliché. He could've taken me to the beach or something. We didn't have to swim, but it would've been nice to just relax and take the scenery in. I wouldn't force Makoto to swim in the ocean because I knew he was afraid.

By the end of the day what happened between Rin and me completely left my thoughts. It was all Makoto. I was all his.

We took things slow. When we got to my bedroom, he kissed me softly, gently, patiently. He guided me to the bed, and we stumbled awkwardly. His face was red from embarrassment.

"I-I've never done this before." He said nervously.

I ran my hands through his beautiful brown hair. I would  forget. I would pick myself up every time I fell apart until I couldn't take it anymore.

The best way to move on was to forget.

Rin, I'm sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heyyyyy~

Did I crush your feelz?

Sorry, not sorry bros. :P

Anyways, leave your thoughts in the comments

VOTE!

And follow me :)