Chapter 1

The battle floor was intense. Octolings running about as Agent 3 was splatting each and every one of the octarians. One octoling, Raina, stopped to call in backup. She was sure Agent 3 couldn't see her, but halfway through the call, she was splatted. She exploded in a mess of blue ink.
-Meanwhile-
Leona had just got out of the shops with some fresh new gear. She was happy with the new squid girl dress she had saved up to buy. She ran over to the rusty kettle in the corner by the battle tower. She was waiting for Jake. After a few minutes, Jake came out of the kettle, wearing the gear he had on before going through the kettle.
"So, what did you get at the shops?" Jake asked Leona. They talked as they walked to the subway station to get back home. What they didn't know was that there were two octarians spying on them and everyone else in the plaza. One was an octoling, and the other an octarian shooter.
"Come on Raina, you don't want to get caught, do you?" The octarian asked. He was always nervous coming around Inkopolis and other squids.
" Oh please, Splash. Stop being such a baby. I just want to see all the fresh gear everyone is wearing." Raina was marveled by all the gear everyone was wearing. It was her dream to be accepted into the world of inklings, and to become as fresh as they are. She stared and marveled at all the inklings until something grabbed her and dragged her down.