Chapter 3 〰Thanks〰

Taylor

"What is homeostasis?" I asked.

"Mm, yeah," Charity nodded and said, playing with her blonde hair and puckering her lips.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah," Charity nodded and said again, looking somewhere else.

I used my forefinger and thumb and hit her forehead.

"Oww! What did you do that for?!" She asked, staring at me angrily.

"I asked you what Homeostasis was and you said 'Mm, yeah'. Write that in the paper and you'll get full marks for it," I said sarcastically.

"Geez!" She said grumpily, then put her tongue out at me and sarcastically replied saying," Well then what's the problem? I get full marks. It's a win-win".

"Good then," I smiled and said, taking my books and getting up " You don't need help studying, I guess".

"Wait, no, no!" She said grabbing my arm and pulling me back to the chair, " Please, wait. I love you, Taylor. Don't leave me to the horror of studying! I hate it!"

"Hey, I hate it, too," I complained," but we can't keep getting twenties in our papers, you know. We're skipping breakfast, too".

"Oh, come on. Let's go to the food court. I swear, I can't study on an empty stomach!" Charity wailed.

"But, studying," I said.

"Screw it," she said.

I thought about it for a second and then nodded and said," You're right. Screw it".

I swear, she has a bad influence on me.

***

"I think I''ll take the hamburger," Charity thought.

"Yeah? Final decision?" I asked.

"Wait, no. It should be the noodles," she said, nodding.

"You sure?" I asked.

"No, you're right. Pizza's the best," Charity said with a wide smile.

"Okay then, two piz---" I said, to the lady.

"No, wait!" Charity interrupted.

I slammed her mouth shut with my hand and ordered,"---za's with extra cheese".

I glared at her after the lady left with our order. Charity innocently smiled and said," I love you, Taylor".

I smiled and said," I know".

After that we picked up our order and searched for a table.

"I call dibs on that clean-looking table!" Charity said.

"You can't call dibs on a table when it's already taken, Charity" I said.

"Yes, I can!" She said and went over.

" Wait!" I said and sighed, following her.

"Hey, is this table taken?" Charity asked, flashing them her innocent smile. There were three guys on the table for four so I couldn't see how they would just leave.

"Well, no babygirl, not for you," A brown-haired guy said, smirking handsomely at Charity, his hand resting on the table as he leaned over at her.

"Great!" She said and winked at me and sat on the free chair.

"Uh, no, sorry," Another guy with blond hair said to me," there's no space left here. But look, there's a spot there with the dump next to the nerds. You'd fit in perfectly!"