Chapter 6 〰Jealousy〰

Charity

Chris is not a good guy. He can't be trusted. Yet, I still fell in love with him.

Why? I wish I knew. I fell so hard, so deep, I can't get back out.

Now, he's different with Taylor. I can't hate her. She's my best friend. If anyone can change someone like him, it's her, even without her knowing it.

But I'm jealous. So jealous. But I can't do anything about it. Because she's my best friend.

Now Jake knows. He's such a nice guy. A bit weird sometimes. And not really popular. The opposite, actually. But he's still a nice guy.

And he likes Taylor. Am I jealous about that? I don't know. I was the one from the two of us who's always gotten asked out. So maybe I am.

All I want is for Taylor to be happy.

Or am I really just thinking about myself?

"Charity," A voice said from behind me.

I turn back and see Chris. I immediately blush. Gosh, he's so hot. Why did I break up with him? Oh yeah, he dumped me.

Then I turned back to the bit**y ex he now thinks of me as," What?" I asked, as if annoyed at him. As if.

"I need to ask you something,"he said, looking away.

Oh gosh. Is he asking me out?

Of course not, dumbass. He hates you. God knows why. Everyone loves me. And don't forget, he apparently likes Taylor.

I pulled myself together and said," What is it?"

"Not here,"He said, pulling me out of the corridor and somewhere deserted.

Well, that felt romantic. What's he going to do now? Kiss me?

"It's about Taylor," He said.

Of course it is. Duh! What's wrong with me?

"What happened?" I asked innocently.

"I think she friendzoned me," He said, looking sad.

PFFT! I held in my laughter. Serves you right! That's what you get for dumping me! Wait,how does that relate?

"O-Oh, is it?" I asked innocently again, trying to kill the laughter inside.

"Yeah," He said," She called me a friend".

I had a sudden realisation and that did indeed killed any laughter. Oh, Taylor. You pure, adorable girl.

"You see, Chris," I started," That's a good thing!"

"It is?" He asked, surprised.

"Yes, it is," I said," she considers a friend a very special person".

"For real?" He asked, ecstatic.

Oh, no, don't look so happy just because of that. It's unfair...

I sighed and said," Yeah. She wasn't a person who really had any friends so she treasures them to death. For real".

His face looked as if he accomplished something great. Then he said," Thanks Charity, you're awesome", he said and left.

I stared at him until he left. He left just like that...

But he called me amazing! Well, that's a promotion.

Soon after, Jake came from where Chris left. He walked towards me with his hands in his pockets.

That looked hot as heck. The only reason he wasn't popular was because he didn't want to fit it. Shame. I would have totally dated him.

"What're you thinking about?"He asked me.

I blushed and said," Nothing in particular".

Then there was a brief silence before he asked," So does Taylor consider me a friend?"

Sigh. Taylor. Again.

Of course. He likes her, after all.

"I'm pretty sure she does," I said," way before Chris".

His face seemed to light up for a second but it soon disappeared to his normal bored look.

"What about you?" He asks.

I blushed and asked," What about me?"

"Do you consider me a friend?" He asked.

Oh, he's so much better than Chris.

"Of course I do!" I said, beaming.

"That's cool. Same here," He said casually and left.

Guys. Gotta' love 'em.

Later, when school ended I met up with Taylor as she waited for me near the fountain outside.

"Yo," She said, smiling at me.

"Yo," I said, smiling at her. I felt like it was fake. Why? It wasn't supposed to be.