Chapter 6

Joey’s POV

As I enter Annie’s grandparent’s office I started to get a little nervous. As I arrived late this morning I missed the announcement for the wolves but George told me what it said. “Dear wolves of the school just letting you know there is a new wolf in the school but she doesn’t know that she is one and her family would rather it stay like that for a little longer. Please don’t tell her anything.” But the problem was that as soon as I felt her presence I knew she was my mate this is why I have been avoiding touching her because you can control your wolf if he hasn’t touch his mate but once touch there was no way you could let go. I know George could sense she was my mate right after I had because he was my beta that’s right I’m future alpha. So I tried to stop myself from touching her so I could talk to Mr & Mrs Scott as they need to tell because it was hard enough to be around her all day but without giving to my wolf and being alpha it became is a lot harder to wait to claim your mate.

“Enter” I open the door to see Mr Scott. “What do I owe the pleasure Alpha Joey?” he scattered to clear everything up.

“Don’t tidy it fine I just need to talk about Annie.”

“She hasn’t done anything bad has she doesn’t know I take responsibility”

“No Mr Scott she hasn’t done anything but the problem is she doesn’t know.”

“And how is that Alpha?”

“She’s my mate I haven’t touched her all day but it’s hard I want to hold her and make her mine. Could you explain everything to her tomorrow I’ll sort out the school but I cannot spend another day like today and if you weren’t so highly ranked in the pack I probably would have claimed her already?”

“Okay Maggie and I will explain everything tomorrow but you do realise as soon as she calls for her wolf tomorrow she will have her first shift.”

“No I didn’t can you let me know when you are at that stage if you can leave till after I finish school so I can bring the homework so she won’t feel bad but I will come during the day to help with the pain as it will hurt more being so late and all that.”

“Yes sir”

“Please don’t call me sir ever again and no need to repeat alpha either, especially as we are going to be family soon.”

“See you tomorrow then Joey.” And with that I went down to the basement.

Annie’s POV

When Joey came down he had a smile on his face, which made me smile I do wonder what he talked to my grandpa about?

“Right Joey” that snapped his attention back to earth “and George can you make the big frame and put the big canvas on it and attach it to the wall. Then wait for further instruction. Then Charlie get the planks of wood attach them to the frame to make it solid.” I grabbed a smaller frame for the other canvas, and added a plank behind that then had it lying on the floor so I could draw the only difference was that the canvas wasn’t fixed on presently like there’s. Once they had finished I had set up a spot for the person being drawn to stand.

“Okay all done Annie” Joey said.

“Thanks for volunteering first. Right George and Charlie have you watched Princess Diary’s number 1?” Charlie said yes nice and loud but Georges was hardly audible and when he said yes Joey started laughing. “Well I want you to fill up the balloons that are overf there” I said pointing to the table “with paint don’t colour code put them in a bucket and when you have finished you need to hang them onto the big canvas. Joey stand in the yellow and get into a comfortable pose use the stool if you wish but in a pose you can hold for any amount of time between 45 minutes and 1h30, ok I will give you breaks but if you move too much between the said breaks especially at the start you get a job for all of us, I’ve got a paper to mark every time each of you move too much during the time. Understood.”

“Yes mam!” He saluted, got on the stool and sat with his head in his hands looking at me that won’t work.

“Joey I need you not to look directly at me I can’t work when people look at the work whilst I’m work it take almost twice as long.” He nodded I saw a small frown but it could have been my imagination and turn so he could see me but not look at me. I started at the top because it is always easier to work down than up because it is easier in my opinion to move the rest of the body to fit the head than the head to fit the body but that could just be me. I grabbed the pencils I always had on me in case I wanted to draw and started. He barely moved a muscle so when he did I thought it was time for a small break and I had nearly finished, I could finish in 15 more minutes. I looked at the clock and saw I had been drawing for 45 minutes no wonder he was getting restless.

“Joey you can move around now have a 10 minute break.”

“Thank god there is only so long someone can sit there”

“By the way, you did move before being told without asking, so one job to for that” I got up from the ground to move around to it the fast I ever worked. I went to see how Charlie and George were doing they were falling asleep.

“Hey guy you do realise it wasn’t you guy that had to stay still?”

“Oh we didn’t want to disturb your work. Can we go see?”

“Yeah but don’t move anything.”

“Were did Joey go?”

“Probably to run around most people do when they have been stuck sitting down for 45 minutes without moving.” I looked down at the work that I had done and feel proud to say I had drawn that. I know what pose George should do.

“Joey are you nearly ready? Guys can you start putting the “paintballs” up on the canvas please, and please don’t make too much noise I have nearly finished okay. George your tomorrow okay if you’re as good as Joey here I’ll make a cake and bring it in after tomorrow. Deal?”

“Yes!”

Joey was sitting in almost the same position as before just his hair was a little wet.

“How come your hair is wet Joey?”

“I had a shower.” He said looking a little guilty

“Okay let’s finish this 15 more minutes just keep your legs and elbows still, you can move your hands and face if you want as long as you don’t look at me.” And with that I got back to work finishing off the picture. Not even 10 minutes later I had finished this was the fastest with the least breaks and the best drawing I have ever done, I am proud. “All done!” They all gathered round as I stepped back and Joey stretched which was extremely hot you would have though almost an hour of non-stop looking at him would have been enough but the truth was I was waiting for his reaction. He looked amazed as he finally took in the drawing I felt relieved. “Right let’s put that somewhere safe.” I stated the boys picked it up carefully and put it facing the wall. “Let’s pop some paintballs!” I cheered and they cheered with me.

We all got ten darts each there it cloth all over floor and we are all cover up “On the count of 3” I got nods from every one Joey was next to me this time “1, 2, 3 GO!” all we heard for the next five minutes was popping and laughing this was so much fun.

Once we had all finished we lie down with our heads in the middle making a circle.

“We should do this more often Joey and with everyone else in the p-” A clap over Georges face brought us all into a sitting position. What was he about to say? Joey looked at him sternly.

“I think we better go see you tomorrow Annie.” Joey said point blank with no space to argue. I went upstairs after I checked all the paints were closed. I saw my grandparents waiting to go home with me.

“Ready?”

“Yep”