Part Four

"McLean! What do you think you're doing!" Piper sighed, looking up from her sewing machine tiredly.

"Fixing your costume, Drew. The seams are split along the waist." Drew huffed, crossing her arms and turning to the side. Piper's head throbbed, and she got a sudden desire to punch Drew in the gut again.

But Piper merely gritted her teeth, and went back to mending the seams. Punching Drew in the gut yesterday had not been a good idea, as satisfying it was. It was like she'd forcefully shoved seventeen rotten lemons down Drew's throat after she punched her, because she's more rotten and sour than ever.

Tying off the seam, Piper stood up, costume neatly tucked over her arm, "Head over to makeup, Drew. I'll be waiting in the changing rooms." Huffing, Drew turned on her heel and stalked over to where Mitchell nervously waited, a makeup brush gripped between his fingers.

Piper sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose tightly between her fingers. Then she stood up, and unwillingly began to walk to the changing rooms.

"Hey, Piper, nice work last night." Piper internally winced. That was the last thing she wanted, people congratulating or reprimanding her on her (totally well deserved) assaulting of Drew. I mean, she's not proud of it or anything (she totally is), but having people talk about it makes her feel a totally horrible (and undeserved) sense of guilt.

"What. She punched someone in the stomach. Doesn't matter how horrible Drew is, she shouldn't be congratulated."

"Wow. I'd almost think that you weren't talking, yesterday no less, about how you'd love to sock her in the jaw--"

"Fight me."

Piper sighed, passing Travis (the one who congratulated her) and Katie (the one who didn't really approve but secretly did) who were up in each other's faces (the later standing one the tips of her toes). It would probably turn into some intense (read: erotic) staring contest that would result in Travis attempting to kiss Katie-- which obviously results in Katie slapping him (but blushing furiously).

It's happened so many times that not even Lacy made a big deal out of it anymore.

So yeah, feeling like her head's been stuffed with cotton she drearily walks into one of the changing rooms, so not ready to deal with the piece of absolute shit known as Drew Tanaka.

So, really, just like any other Monday.

::

Jason swears that he didn't mean to eavesdrop and it would be really nice if no one told Piper or Drew about it because he really likes living and he just made brownies with Reyna the other day and he was really looking forward to eating like, half the thing, which he can't do if he's dead so please don't tell anyone.

Like honestly, he was just doing his job. Minding his own business as he repaired the light in one of the dressing rooms (because apparently since he had nothing better to do he's been temporarily demoted to a janitor). And really, it's totally not his fault that Piper is dressing Drew in the next room.

"--I said I was sorry, Drew. Besides I don't remember punching you. If I was sober I never would have considered it for a second." Jason nearly dropped his screwdriver when he heard that.

"Like I believe that. I swear you've been jealous of my talent ever since I started working here." Shit. Thought Jason, I am definitely not supposed to be hearing this.

"Yes because I'm the one who's lip-syncing."

Jason nearly fell off the ladder. Because, like, what the fuck. Drew lip-syncs. She freaking lip-syncs. Seriously. Jason felt like someone had stuffed a bunch of, well, stuffing into his head and placed him in the oven because his brain felt ready to explode. And he was so done.

"Oh shut it, McLean. You're just mad because you don't get any attention for your singing. Not that it's as good as mine anyways."

Jason seriously felt like he would collapse any moment from shock. Like, shock worse than when you stick your fingers into an outlet. That kind of shock.

Because in the span of like, thirty seconds, he learned probably the motive that would be behind the murderer (read: Drew Tanaka or Piper McLean) that would no doubt kill him in the very near future.

::

Stupidly hot guys were stupid.

"Hey Nico!"

And very persistent.

Nico attempted to ignore Will as he handed out the 3D glasses (shouldn't they be called 4D glasses? It's a 4D theater). Unfortunately, he was hard to ignore.

Yeah, it really should've been the other way around. But Nico refused to even glance in Will's direction, too mortified about what he had done at Percy's birthday. Honestly he swore he would never drink again.

But the worst part? Will Solace, Mr. Smiles and Sunshine, the biggest pain in the ass in the entire world, was even more stupidly hot now that Nico had (drunkenly) kissed him.

"Yo! Nico-- Hey Nico!"

Nico sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose, before handing out another pair of 3D glasses to some random woman.

"Nico! Hey-- Oh, yes, Ma'am that'll be $5.76. Oh, uh, I can't make change from a hundred, sorry."

Nico mentally groans (since he's got that horribly fake smile plastered onto his face as he hands the glasses out), because how in the world is the stupidly hot blonde guy so adorable. And annoying, Nico decides. Persistent and stubborn too.

Despite the fact that he's very aware of his 'eternal love and adoration for Will Solace', as Reyna stated, he still intends to avoid the awkward conversation the two were bound to have eventually about Nico's very gay feelings (not that Nico particularly minds having very gay feelings, it's just that they can be awfully inconvenient around stupidly hot guys) so when Nico hands someone the last pair of 3D glasses he slips into the theater after them, despite Will calling his name (Nico's pretty sure he's left the concession stand, which isn't is pretty good idea because Leo Valdez has been know for stealing popcorn. Not that he's gotten in trouble about it or anything since literally nobody cares except for the concession people).

So, yeah, maybe Nico's stuck watching the weird interactive Sesame Street movie instead of standing outside playing with his phone and waiting for the next crowd to line up. But Nico's almost as stubborn as Will and he's very determined not to have to discuss his drunken kiss with the stupidly hot blonde guy that he keeps blowing off, despite the fact that he's had a massive crush on him for like, a year.

Logic.

::

"Hey Grover?"

"Yeah, Perce?"

"Why is Annabeth mad at Rachel?" Grover sighed, taking a large gulp of his coffee. They were taking their lunch break, together, in the cafeteria. Percy was, probably not intentionally, tearing a napkin to shreds in his hands, causing the scattered remains to float literally on everything but Percy himself.

"In general, or is there a specific incident?" Percy frowned.

"Why would she be mad as Rachel in general?"

Grover sighed, "Never mind. What makes you think she's mad at Rachel?"

Percy set down the ruins of his napkin, "Well I was talking to her at my birthday party last night, after Piper punched Drew, and I mentioned Rachel. Like, I just mentioned that she'd would've given anything to be the one punching Drew in the stomach. Then she looked all upset."

Grover sighed, "Percy, you really are oblivious."

"Hey! I take offense to that!" Percy dramatically pressed his hand to his chest, faking an extremely pained look.

"Please accept my sincerest apology. Now if you don't mind, can you please stop being offended for a moment and help me decide what to get Juniper for her birthday?"

"I know! Get her--"

"For the last time, Perce, I'm not getting her an actual Juniper tree."