Part Three

I'm so in love with her, Percy thought, dumfounded. That was an obvious given, but sometimes Annabeth's general amazingness just comes shining through and Percy is just reminded of how utterly awesome she is.

I can't believe she got ten of those cheeseburgers for my birthday party. When Percy saw them on the table, he thought he might burst into tears of pure joy. He totally would've, if it weren't for Annabeth standing to the side, with a lopsided birthday cap placed on her head, looking smugger than he'd ever seen her.

Annabeth suddenly flung a plastic card into Percy's chest, forcing him to step backwards as he scrambled it get a hold on it. Squinting down on it, he gaped.

Auntie Em's Burger Palace

Gift Card

"That's enough for another ten. Try not to eat them all in one sitting, Seaweed Brain--" Annabeth choked as Percy flung himself at her, wrapping his arms tightly around her neck, grinning broadly.

"You're the best person to ever exist." Percy told her. Annabeth rolled her eyes, patting his back.

"Of course I am, Seaweed Brain. I thought you already knew that." Percy broke free of the hug, still grinning.

"I do! Just thought I'd remind you. It's not like you could ever forget, though." Percy's chest might've exploded from the smile she was giving him (like seriously it was like the most pretty thing he'd ever seen and it was directed at him) if it weren't for a drunk Nico diAngelo.

Nico didn't exactly have a drinking problem. He didn't even drink regularly. But he had such a low alcohol tolerance (compared to Dakota who could practically drink his own weight), that one glass sends him toppling over the edge into a drunken, giggly mess of a person.

One who didn't have many inhibitions.

Nico stumbled across the restaurant (Amazon's obviously, where else would they host Percy's party? It's not like they had anywhere else to go that could tolerate everyone person that works at Disney that Percy's ever met), directly to where Will Solace was talking to Cecil.

Reyna, who was also invited to the party restaurant she works at, was sitting in the corner. She could practically smell the regret Nico would feel the next day.

But still, no one made a move to interfere as Nico grabbed Will by the collar of his shirt, and pressed their lips together for entirely too long for anyone's taste.

Everyone's practically frozen watching Nico and Will, the later has flushed the color of a fire truck, locking lips.

The music's still playing though, and the Green Day song Percy's cousin chose doesn't exactly fit the mood. Not that Makeout Party isn't romantic or anything... But it's really not as romantic as it sounds.

Zoë Nightshade nudges Luke, who's been at her side the entire party, "How long does Bianca's drunken brother indeed to kiss that boy. " Luke stared at her for a moment, before cracking a smile, and bursting into uncontrollable laughter. Zoë stared at him, "What is so funny. I am merely inquiring about the length of this drunken kiss."

The silence was shattered all of a sudden, with several others cracking up at Zoë's statement, despite her obvious confusion at what they found so funny.

Nico and Will finally break apart, and the only reason for that would be that Nico has thrown up on Will's shoes. Leaving the later to stare down at his sneakers in shock, while the former is dragged off by his sisters.

"Everyone calm down it's alright I'm here-- Woah, who hurled on Will?" Rachel was staring at Will's shoes, a wrapped birthday present balanced in her right hand, and bright blue cake in her left. "Nevermind, it was probably Dakota. You can have the first slice of cake to make up for it."

Percy really wanted to protest that it was his cake but Will just had his favorite sneakers ruined (by the guy who was just kissing him a second ago, no less), so he figured Will deserved at least that much.

Rachel placed the cake on the table with a flourish, and dropped the present lightly next to it. "Well, come on then, we can't ruin my best friend's birthday party because of a little vomit can we?" When no one responded Rachel groaned, "Honestly, I swear what were you people doing before I got the cake? Connor, turn off Green Day and put on something people can actually dance too, no offense to Green Day. Will, for Gods' sake, someone get him some paper towels so that he's not dragging puke everywhere. Reyna--" Reyna raised an eyebrow, "Keep being stoic and awesome. Percy, let's be ironic and tango. Break!"

Everyone was silent for a moment, before the Green Day suddenly cut short (much to the protests of Thalia), and some upbeat-pop song began to play. Cecil tossed a roll of paper towels to Will with a grin.

Rachel grabbed Percy by the wrist, flashing a smile at Annabeth, and began to lead Percy in an a dance that nowhere near resembled a tango.

Annabeth found herself grinding her teeth as she watched Percy and Rachel laugh, and had to struggle to stop. Though that didn't keep her from clenching her hands. Annabeth was above petty jealousy (she really wasn't), there was no reason (yes there was) for her to be jealous.

So Annabeth grabbed a cheeseburger (she couldn't let Percy eat them all. He'd get a heart attack), and angrily chewed while watching Percy step on Rachel's feet.

::

Leo loved birthday parties. No, not because of the (free) cake, or the (free) candy. No, Leo Valdez loved birthday parties because he loved chanting around a flaming object to commemorate the survival of another year.

But in reality, he just really liked making the process of singing a birthday song seem as demonic as possible (and no Piper does not need to hit him on the head again he's perfectly sane).

However considering the look Piper's sending his way as they stand huddled together, about to sing Happy Birthday to Percy, he makes the completely voluntary decision not to point out the totally valid demonic points he's totally noticed by himself (Tumblr? What's that? Leo totally does not steal any jokes from that website he's never heard of. Totally does not.)

So yeah, they sing the song, Percy blows out the candles, and there's no mention of demonic-ness from Leo whatsoever which is totally lame. And yeah, normally he wouldn't have listened to Piper, but Piper's had a couple drinks and an intoxicated Piper is considerably more violent than a sober Piper.

And with that in mind, Leo does his best to attempt to steer Piper away the second he sees Drew open her mouth.

"As childish as singing Happy Birthday is, it's a great chance for me to be practicing, don't you think Jason?"

Shit. Leo thought. She's talking to Jason. Of all the people to choose from...

He tightened his grip on Piper's wrist, despite her hiss of a protest.

"Oh! Did I forget to tell you, darling!" Leo could've sworn he heard Piper grinding her teeth. "They're going to give Mulan a show of it's own. Can you imagine it? I'll be spectacu--" Leo suddenly found his hand empty, and panic flashed in his eyes as he watched Piper's fist connect with Drew's gut.

Drew let out a shriek, wrapping her hands around her stomach as she sunk to her knees. Piper's eyes glinted with rage, "Shut it, Tanaka." (Not that Leo didn't think she deserved it, which she totally did, Leo probably would've felt bad for her if he didn't know her actual motivation behind the punch.)

Hunching her shoulders, Piper stalked off, ignoring the stares of everyone around her. Piper grabbed Leo's wrist and started to pull him along, "Come on, Leo. We're out of here."

Leo shrugged as she pulled him away, "Whatever you say, beauty queen."

"Not in the mood, Valdez. Not in the mood."