Part Five

It's Nico's fault. He'd forgotten all about the fact that he was supposed to be avoiding Will at all costs (after like, a day, pathetic he knows) and was walking to the bus stop (with his earbuds in, first mistake) so he could get home and... not be at work.

He's dragging his feet against the pavement, and honestly he's walking so slow, so emerged into his music (he doesn't even remember what song was playing), that's it's honestly no wonder how Will managed to sneak up on him and place his hand on Nico's shoulder.

"BAH!" Nico shrieked, swinging around, and somehow bumping skulls with Will. The universe just hated him, didn't it? "Ugh... Oh! Will... Uh, hi? Sorry about that... Well, I've got a bus to catch so..." Nico turned around, and took an overly exaggerated step forwards, praying that he could get away with it. If the universe could please--

"Nico."

Shit.

Nico sighed, turning around to see Will, arms crossed, staring him down with his intense (and stunning) blue eyes.

"We need to talk."

Nico sighed, tugging his earbuds out and letting them dangle around his ears, "I was afraid of that."

Will frowned, "Listen, Nico. It's not like I'm gonna hate you for kissing me, if I did then I really wouldn't have let you do it for more than a second."

Something warm fluttered in Nico's chest. But panic flared hotter, "Wait. How long was the kiss exactly."

Will gave him a crooked smile, "Like thirty seconds."

Nico's face flushed, and the next words he spoke were stuttered, barely able to get them out as he stumbled over them, "Sorry--I'm so sorry. Please forgive--sorry. Don't--didn't mean, to, uh, sexually harass, you, uh, sorry that, um... Drunk me isn't very good around people I like, uh, not to say that I'm in love with you or anything... I, I just--" Will's hand shot out, grabbing Nico's wrist and tugging him closer, making Nico stumble.

Nico's lips crashed awkwardly against Will's, their teeth clicking together uncomfortably. Nico's eyes widened, and his insides melted (which couldn't have been good). His lips are tingling and he doesn't want it to end, but at the same time he wants to pull away because what is happening right now? He swears that his brain is short circulating.

Will pulls away, grinning (no doubt at Nico's flabbergasted and flushed expression), "So. How was it remembering kissing me?"

Nico managed to pull himself together, "Like I feel satisfied that you're gonna take me out to Amazon's and get me free food."

::

"Thalia, did I accidentally insult Green Day again?"

"You better have not."

"Oh. Uh, then what did I do?"

Thalia sighed, picking at the cafeteria (seriously she should start bringing her own lunch) meatloaf surprise (because apparently they save the nice tasting cheap food for the customers, not the employees.)

Across from her sat Luke, who was smart enough to bring his own lunch, though frozen pizza from last Thursday (that was their pizza-and-watch-non-Disney-movies night) was probably just as poisonous as her lunch.

Luke's spent the majority of their lunch trying to talk to her, and she's been shutting him down grumpily. Yeah, that might not be fair to him, but Thalia is determined to show Luke just how much he's pissing her off. The last time she treated Luke like this was when he accidently spilled orange juice on one of her Green Day records (Thalia does like other bands, like Three Days Grace, and Mayday Parade. But Green Day is her favorite, if it wasn't obvious), which has obviously led Luke to the conclusion that whatever he did wrong, had to do with Green Day.