Chapter 1: No More Resets

Beep!

Beep!

Beep!

Click

"Uuuuuuuuuuuugh..." A deep, tired voice groaned.

As he pulled the covers off of his eyes, he looked outside.

It was a nice day for the middle of April; birds tweeting and sunshine streaming in through the window. Flowers were getting their daily soak of sunshine while they can because it was said that a nasty storm was heading in their direction, despite the fact that there were no clouds in the sky.

The beautiful scene made the man- well, he's actually a skeleton- sigh miserably.

"Dammit, Frisk... He's went 3 full months without a single reset.. I don't get what's up with him..." The sleepy skeleton muttered, rubbing his eye sockets.

When he finally decided to get up and get some clothes on, there was a knock at his door as he was zipping up his blue jacket.

" 's open." The skeleton says.

As he heard the door open, he turned his head to see a little boy with a blue sweater and shorts with muddy brown boots. He has wispy and curly brown hair with brown eyes, and he was already up and at 'em that morning.

"Good morning, Sans!" The boy cheerfully greeted, smiling.

Sans smiled and ruffled the kid's hair, "Heh. Hey there, kiddo."

"Ready to go to the park?" The boy asks, smiling at Sans.

The pa- oh yeah! The park! Sans promised they'd go today! Guess he forgot when he was thinking about... About the resets...

"Sans?" Frisk asks again, "You seem... Distraught.. Are you alright...?"

"Huh?" Sans muttered quickly before looking back at Frisk, "Oh! Uh, y-yeah, kid. Just fine... I just got up after all."

Given the circumstances that Sans is pretty lazy, especially for getting up for the day, Frisk fell for the trick and nods, "Alright. I understand."

With that, he walks towards the door, "I'll let you want up for a few minutes, then we can leave."

"Well okay, kid. If you say so." Sans said, sitting on his bed and slipping on blue converse.

"See ya later, Sans!" Frisk said with a smile.

"See ya later-"

The door shut before he can finish, "kid..."

Sans sighs and kicks his feet while looking down. Why hasn't the little guy resetted yet? Is it because he didn't know when? Did he just not want to anymore? Both questions, and more, circled in the little, decked-out-in-blue skeleton's mind.

He understands the timelines. All the times he saw Papyrus die, when he died by Chara's own hand... Ugh, Chara.... He hates that name with a fiery passion...

But now that Frisk hasn't resetted, there was no real threat to Chara coming back for more, right...?

Sans heaved another depressed sigh yet again and buried his bony face in his hands.

"What's gotten into ya, Frisk..?"

                                                                                   ~            ~            ~

"Higher, Sans!" Frisk giggled, going back towards Sans on the swing.

"Hehe. Gee, kid, you're givin' me a workout," Sans said with a very toothy grin (cuz he's a god damn skeleton-) and pushed the little guy harder.