Chapter 14 - Sam's Point of View

*Sam's Point of View*

Dale shakes his head. "This is going to get messy."

"I know," I say. "But if that's how they want to play then we can too."

Dale hands me the document. "We don't know who's in charge though."

"We'll figure it out soon."

I sign the document and hand it back to him. "Dale you do understand what you have to do, right?"

He nods. "Sir, I'm willing to lose my job because of this."

"The company will take a beating but we have to beat them at their own game."

Dale rushes out with the document. I turn my computer on and watch the surveillance cameras, seeing everything that goes on in my office.

Three days ago, Dale informed me that someone sneaked into the documents room. It's where we keep all the important documents for Anderson's Corporation. It only opens for those who have a card and only three people do. Dale, Violet and I. That means the fourth one was stolen from my house. The backup one. Though it doesn't end there because surveillance picked up on the person. Someone wearing a grey hoodie and white pants. Dale claimed he saw someone with a grey hoodie and white pants leave the building just a few minutes after he saw the footage and guess who they were caught talking to...Georgia.

Whoever Georgia is, she's lying about it. Today when she stopped by and gave me the contract, I read through it. That's when Susan popped in, asking if I want coffee. What Georgia didn't know was that I was on to her so of course I wouldn't trust her with the contract. On the glass door, I saw her reflection as she changed the contracts while I was talking to Susan. I've got my eye on everyone.

Been doing this for too long to be fooled that easily. So I said nothing and I pretended I saw nothing but I did sign the contract. The only problem is, she doesn't know what I'll do. It won't ruin me but it'll ruin her. Two can play this game.

All we need to figure out is who the leader is, the one moving her pieces in the chess game. Who is Georgia working for?

A knock on the door draws my eyes away from the surveillance screens on my computer.

"Can I come in, Sir?" Dale asks.

"Come in," I signal him.

He nods. "It's done sir. Should we tell Violet?"

The idea of hiding anything from her sounds wrong but the less people know the better. That way nothing will go wrong and I'd hate to drag her into this. She promised me she would stay out of it although the thought scared her.

I shake my head. "No," I say. "Less people know, the better."

Dale nods. "There's no loop hole, sir. So whoever it is, won't win."

"We just need to figure out how they got the fourth card because it's missing from my house."

Dale shifts his head to the side and frowns. "If only we could know, then we'd be a step even further and ahead of them."

A bang on the glass door of my office draws my attention. Violet's face is red and she looks out of breath.

Dale runs to open the door.

I stand from my seat and get to her immediately. "You okay?"

She bends forward while holding her hips in an attempt to breath. She waves her hand suggesting she's okay. "Fine, I'm fine. Just out of breath," she puffs out.

"What's wrong?"

She tilts to face Dale suggesting for him to close the door. "I've seen the footage," she says. "I know I said I'd stay out of it but I know who snuck in. I saw the footage."

She places a CD into my hand and I place it into the computer. Dale and Violet come around to watch.

All we see is someone sneak in through the back fence and shoot my security guard who is guarding the back door. It's not a bullet though when Violet points it out. It's a dart of some sort.

A dart to perhaps make them faint or pass out.

Nothing can be seen in the whole video. Whoever it is does a good job covering their face.

I shake my head. "This shows nothing."

Violet smiles. "Look closely because it took me a couple reruns before I saw it."

Dale plays the video again and we both watch carefully.

"I see nothing, ma'am," Dale says.

I nod to show my agreement.

Violet grabs the computer mouse, playing the video a third time and then fast forwarding to a particular scene. "Look at what they're wearing."

When I look at their clothes, I still can't tell. They're wearing multiple layers that it looks bulky, making it hard to tell if it's a male or female.

Violet points at the bracelet. "Remember this?"

I squint to notice it. It's barely noticeable and if Violet hadn't mentioned it then neither Dale and I would have seen it.

I nod my head. I know who it is.

"This is going to get messy," I whisper.

Dale and I decide that in order for our plan to be successful, Violet has to know. In fact she has a crucial part to play.

So we spend the next two hours telling her everything, including what she has to do and her role in all of this. Her expressions show me she's nervous but at the same time I know she can do this.

Georgia have all the fun you can. It won't last long. I'll let your strings get pulled. I'll make you feel like you won but in the last second, I'll change the game.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Violet says.

I grab her shoulders. "Babe, do you trust me "

She nods.

"Then trust me, I won't let anything happen to you."

She gives me a hug and then whispers in my ear, "Let's get this over with once and for all."