Chapter 16 - Sam's Point of View

*Sam's Point of View*

"Daniel is here," Dale says peeking his head through my office door.

I nod. "Get him to hide in conference room two."

Dale nods.

Violet is there too and until my part of the plan doesn't go through then they can't come out. Part of me is nervous though because what if Georgia is actually watching us and is one step ahead. What if she's seen Violet and Daniel arrive.

I scan through the surveillance cameras on my computer until I land on the front entrance.

I don't even know if Georgia will put on a show today. For all I know, maybe she'll pretend everything is okay and go on with the day.

It's not until I see Georgia pull up into the carpark. I know she's not alone. It doesn't take long for the police sirens to follow.

I switch my computer off as I make my way downstairs. Dale follows me.

Daniel and Violet have access to the cameras so chances are they're watching us right now.

When I get to the ground floor, Georgia walks through the front door. She pulls her sunglasses off and tucks it into the inside pocket of her long grey coat.

The clicking of the police men's shoes follow as they line up behind her.

I play oblivious to the fact of what's going on. "Hello Georgia," I say before scanning the police.

She nods. "Hello Sam."

"Can I ask why the police are here?"

Although I don't know exactly why the police is here, I have an idea.

"Well," she says as she stretches her hand for her assistant who hands her a document. "According to this contract, you've handed all rights to Anderson's Corporation to me."

She nods at the police. "They're just here in case you don't corporate."

"You shouldn't have done that, Georgia."

She smiles. "In case you don't understand, you no longer own this company. It's now mine."

I grab the document and scan it. I pretend a shock expression across my face. Either she's really stupid or she actually knows I know.

The pen attached to my pocket is actually a microphone allowing Daniel and Violet to hear everything. This will allow them to know when to do their part.

Dale steps forward. "This is wrong," he says. "Sir would never sign such a thing."

Georgia grins. "Well he did. In fact it was the deal we had but he refused to give it up."

I know she says that because the police is there. She can't be honest and say that she tricked me into signing the papers.

Georgia signals the police to wait outside so that we can solve this civilly.

I slam my hand against the table as I lean in. "Get one thing straight Georgia, you won't walk out of this unscathed."

She smirks. "No, you won't walk out of this unscathed. After all, you're the one losing all your hard work and effort."

I frown. "This is just the beginning."

She yawns. "Are you moving out or what?" She asks. "You must be a fool to sign such a big contract so easily. So clueless and naive. How you ever became a successful man is beyond me, especially the most successful in Australia."

I lean in. "You honestly thought you won," I whisper.

She clears her throat. "What do you mean?"