Chapter 11

" Hey" Johnson plops down beside me on my couch. I groan and throw my head back on the headrest.

" Don't you have anything better to do other than come to my house and annoy me?" He shakes his heads.

" Really? What about Rachel?" He shrugs with slouched shoulders and props his feet up on the footstool.

" We text— that's it, plus I rather hang out with you" I laugh, grabbing my Gatorade bottle from beside me and taking a sip. I lick my top lip — a habit of mine— before putting it back in its spot.

" Awe. I'm flattered but I think it's because you don't have the balls to ask her out" i cooed. He crosses his arms and glares at me.

" Why do you do this?"

" Do what?"

" Tease me."

" Cause. I need someone to pick on. And what other person would I want to do that to besides my lovely Bestfriend" He laughs.

" Says the girl who has been hooking up with Gilinsky " I glare at him, grabbing the tv remote and muting it.

" We are not hooking up!"

" Yeah right. Since he started hanging out with us your all he ever talks about.—I see you guys went on a date about a week ago." He raises an eyebrow. I roll my eyes and sigh in defeat. Johnson claps his hands together before licking his small lips, facing towards me–shifting his feet.

" So... have you guys—done the dirty?" He raises his other eyebrow. I push Johnson's arm and roll my eyes.

" No you fucktard. The only thing we've done is kiss." He nodded and grins at me.

" Do you have feelings for him?" I bite the inside of my cheek looking for an answer. Or trying to find the right one.

" I don't know" I sigh. " I think I'm most scared to gain feelings for him because I don't want him to suddenly ditch again. But it's different because back then he was just my best friend, and now he's my... I don't even know." I shake my head.

" So your confused?" I nodded. " I honestly think that he means it when he says he's not going to leave us again. Em, I think you should trust him with this, I know he really likes you."

" He told you that?" JJ shook his head.

" Not exactly, but he does talk about you 24/7. I think I know when my best friend has a crush on someone. Even if that someone happens to be my other best friend." Johnson laughs. I quietly join in.

" I'm going to get a different drink, that one tastes nasty. Want anything?" I ask, getting off the couch.

" Yeah, but I'll Come with you" Johnson gets up and follows me into the kitchen.

I walk over to the fridge, opening it and grabbing the jug of lemonade as Johnson sets two cups in front of me.

" Thank you " He nods his head. I fill the two glasses half way. Once I was done with one glass, Johnson grabbed it.

" Thanks Em" he goes back into the living room and sits down. I follow, taking a sip of my drink as i sit down after putting the jug back in the fridge.

" Oh. How'd you do on that paper that was due today?"

" It was okay— I got a B, but it's better than an F" he nods, setting his drink on the coffee table.

" Can we go do something?" He pleaded.

" What is there to do?"

" We could go to the boys house. I heard G is over there with Nate and Sammy, along with Emily."