Chapter 2: Lily

November 22th

"Lily is an A+ student, and is going to Yale next year." My mother bragged to her elite Manhattan friends during her book club meeting she forces me to come to every week.

I couldn't help but want to die. I've had these reoccurring dreams of me finally getting my wish and a few people trying to save me but its too late. I remember some of the faces but the one who stuck out was a boy I have never met before. His dark features were intriguing but I knew he was nothing but a figment of my imagination.

"Oh really? Thats great! Hallie is going to Harvard." Mrs. Caroline Elderns said, and she drank her tea with confidence. "Why didnt Hallie join us for tea today?" Eleanor Ridges, the host of the book club asked. "She's having her annual winter party, so shes at home planning. You were invited, weren't you Lily?" I shook my head. "I was but I don't think I'll make it."

Hallie and I were best friends, until she slept with my boyfriend, then she told me how 'he never really loved me' but I knew she regretted saying that as soon as she did.

It was totally scandalous. Ive been keeping a low profile for a month now. She's still trying to revive our dead friendship but I can't stand seeing them together

"Excuse me." I said setting my cup of tea on the table, and walking to the restroom in the country club we were at.

I looked in the mirror at my long brown hair that was curled at the ends, and my long bangs that were pushed down on my face. My violet 1950's Dior dress framed my curvy figure because it was perfectly fitted for me. I shuffled through my hand clutch for my phone.

I scrolled through the contacts until I found the right one. "Hey River, can- Can you pick me up? Im at the Country Club."

River, or as known as Richard Mohr the third by everyone who lived in Manhattan who wasn't me or his other friends, was born into one of the most successful families in New York. His father owns over 500 of the most upper class hotels, in all of America.

"Yeah- whats wrong?" His voice was groggy. "River its 4:30, are you just waking up?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows. His deep voice turned into a howling laugh. "I had a- a pretty intense night last night."

"Ew, I dont want to know. Just come and get me." I said. "I'll be there in 10 minutes, be outside. Lets go to the junior's club."

"Lily- What are you doing you're missing book club." My mom asked, walking into the bathroom. "Richard just called, he said he wants to go to the Juniors's Club tonight." I said. "He's picking me up in 10 minutes."

My mother looked at me with disapointment. "Alright, well have fun." She said. I nodded, then walked past her, my Jimmy Choo shoes, clicking on the white marble flooring.

~

I waited outside in the cold for River to pick me up. I think I saw his limo pull up. Pretty much no teenager in the upper class has a licence, so its common to see limos everywhere.

"What took you so long?" I asked, getting in and sitting next to him. "Why aren't you wearing a jacket, you're going to get sick." He said taking his suit jacket off, and wrapping it around my shoulders. "I didn't have time to grab one, my mom was rushing me." I said, sitting back comfortably. "Wine?" River asked grabbing glasses from the ice box he always kept in his limo. I nodded, and took the glass from him, He got the wine from the mini fridge, and poured me a glass. I took a long drink of it.

"Woah slow down its only 4." He laughed, taking a drink as well. I shrugged. "Screw it." I chugged the rest of the wine. His driver drove through the traffic to my apartment.

"Be quick." River said walking into the apartment with me, helping me unzip my dress. "Yeah yeah." I said, unzipping my dress all the way as i walked into my room. I threw the dress on my bed, then threw my shoes into my closet. I slipped on my short party dress I wore to the Juniors Club all the time.

It was black and went above mid thigh. It was tight, but not so tight that it was unflattering. I slipped my combat boots on, and some ripped up tights.

I walked out into the living room where River sat. "Ready?" I asked holding my dad's green army jacket he gave me when I was little. River looked me up and down, satisfied. "Let's go." he held his arm out for me.

~

Once we got there, we went to the bar. The club is only supposed to sell virgin drinks, but when the bartender sees who we are, you know damn well they put alcohol in those drinks.

"Who are they?" I asked looking at a group of guys standing around talking to some girls. I could tell they weren't regulars. "I heard they're from Australia." some girl at the bar said turning her chair around. "You dont say." River said. He looked at me. "Go talk to them." The drink i had in my mouth almost came out of my nose. "You're crazy." I shook my head. "Why? You got dumped a month ago. Why don't you meet some fuck buddies" he snickered. I shook my head, then he gave me his 'Do it or I'll humiliate you' look.

I stared at him. "Dammit River I'm not in the mood." he smiled, then stood up walking over to them. "Fuck. No. River!" I called. He didn't turn around. I couldn't hear what he was saying over the blasting music but sooner or later River and two of the boys from the group. "Three monkey feet." River said. (Monkey feet is code for beer) "Oh Lily! What a pleasant surprise! What are you doing here getting drunk alone on a friday afternoon?" River hummed. I looked up with a small (fake) grin. "Hi River."

"These are my new friends. Michael and Calum. Michael, Calum: this is Lilian Isabelle Curtis. Half spanish half Russian." River announced to the boys. The odd looking one with neon hair shook my hair. "Michael Gordon Clifford. Aussie." he smiled. "Your hair is bright." I smiled. He fluffed it. "I'm a bright person." then he stepped aside for the other boy could shake my hand. "Calum Thomas Hood. Scottish and Kiwi."

It was him.