Here enters a newcomer

Oliver's POV:

I turned to look at the boy right beside me. His blonde hair was swept to the side as his apple green eyes stared at me with full attention. "Anything you're interested in?" I said, trying to break the silence. He blushed cutely, probably because he was caught off guard, shaking his head in a way that let his hair bounce. "Well the gym is up next, Miles" I smiled as he walked closer behind me. Miles was a shy person apparently and stuck close behind me like I was a shield. On a few occasions, he even tugged at my shirt for my attention. The best part was that while he was around me, Silos stayed away. I was glad about that. From the corner of my eye, I could see him glaring and biting his nails anxiously. Miles was making him jealous from what I could tell. I opened the door to the gymnasium. "Well this is the gym" I said, walking in with Miles treading behind me, "interested in any sports, Miles?". He looked down before muttering, "I'm just a bookworm". " That's cool too. You should recommend me some books sometime" I responded, leading him to the storage closet. Miles looked at the shelves and bins lining the walls with equipment and balls. He tiptoed to the top shelf to reach a tennis racket, making the shelf wobbly. "Hold on..." My hands pressing the shelf back firmly as I towered over him. He turned quickly then, looking at me with a bright red blush from ear to ear and those vibrant green eyes wide. I just couldn't help but lean in.... "You should be careful, we wouldn't want to dent your little head" I smiled as he eased into a lighter shade. "I guess you are right" he smiled gently. Miles' slim hands played with the buttons on my shirt. "Maybe we should move on" I suggested, sorta feeling pulled in by the enchanting look he had. He nodded briefly before releasing my shirt. I moved off the shelf frame and took his hand. "The last stop is the library" I said briefly before quicken the pace.

Miles' POV:

I put my hand over my chest. My heart was beating so fast and I had no clue why. I bet even my face was red. Now, Oliver probably thinks I'm weird. Especially since I kept messing with his buttons; but I couldn't help it, they would be great for my button crafts. I looked up at the broad back before me. He held my hand and it felt warm. He turned to me and flashed a sincere smile, "Our library maybe kind of small but we have a lot of the new book releases here. You'll like it". "Y-yeah" I nodded at the ginger. Oliver opened the door then turned on the light and stopped. "What is it?" I took a peek through the slim opening. A tall and muscular looking boy had been stripping the meeker one who couldn't put much of a fight. I knew we had walked in on something we wasn't supposed to. "Uh......" I stared at the sight in front of me. The tall, black haired boy with piercing blue eyes smirks and looks at me. "It looks like we have people watching us, Kyle" he said teasingly. The dark brown hair boy assumingly named Kyle quickly fixed his shirt and pants before adjusting his fogged glasses. I looked up at Oliver whose face grew grim. "Leave Kyle alone, Apollo" his voice seeming harsher than before, "You already have Silos, don't you?". The boy apparently named Apollo grinned wide, "we both know I have him and anyone else I want". With that he left, brushing past Oliver while he was going. Oliver sighed heavily, ruffling his own red hair and easing into his usual smile. "Sorry about all of that, Miles.... You okay, Kyle?" He said in his easy going tone. Kyle simply nodded before heading into a room labelled, 'library staff only'. "Kyle's one of the library's student staff. You can ask him for any book and he'll probably find it" Oliver said looking at me, "let's look at some". He picked out some book he liked to show me before we sat at some secluded chairs. We talked for a while about ourselves to the point I couldn't really remember everything that was said. I zoned out to the pacifying tone of his voice honestly. "Miles! Miles!", I straightened up as Oliver snapped his fingers in my face, "don't fall asleep on me now". I chuckled abit as I rubbed my eyes gently. "Sorry, your voice is just soothing. You should voice ebooks for living" I smiled as he had a grin on his face. "Geez...you really are a book worm" he said as he let out an infatuating laugh. "I warned you about that" I insisted, taking a nice stretch. "You did, you did" Oliver chuckled, leaning back in his chair, "you still didn't answer my question though". His soft brown eyes were focused on me and I knew I was probably blushing again. "Q-Question?" I muttered, "Um...what was it again?". He chuckled again before leaning in from over the table, "I asked what made you come here. You know, your story". I paused for awhile; both unsure what I should say and surprised he asked me about it. "It's nothing that great, if I am really honest. I just...didn't feel safe anymore at my old school. That's all" I left it vague since I didn't exactly want to recall everything that happened. "That's alright. If you ever feel unsafe, you can just call on me. Got it?" As childish as it maybe, Oliver offered his pinkie to me to promise with. Mine locked with his, "Got it".