How You Meet - Darwin

IMPORTANT: YES, THIS IS A TAWOG X READER. I DO NOT OWN THIS FRANCHISE, OR THE CHARACTERS, INCLUDING YOU. I OWN THIS BOOK, AS I AM MERELY AN AUTHOR JOLTING MY IDEAS DOWN. YES, THIS IS A DISCLAIMER.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT KID FRIENDLY. NOT KID FRIENDLY. 13+. THIS DEALS WITH MINOR MENTIONS OF DRUGS, ALCOHOL, ABUSE, AND SWEARS. NONE OF THE UNDER AGE CHARACTERS, SUCH AS LESLIE, CARRIE, OR GUMBALL, DO DRUGS, ALCOHOL, OR INFLICT ABUSE OVER AND OVER, INTENTIONALLY. SO, IF YOU ARE NOT OKAY WITH THIS, IF THIS MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE, DO NOT READ THIS. I WILL SAY WARNINGS ON CHAPTERS IF NEEDED.

You walked through the halls, head low, books in hand. Your fox ears moved in different directions, listening to multiple conversations, not really paying attention where you were going. "No Gumball, I will not let you copy my--Hmphf!" A boy bumped into you, causing all your books to scatter onto the floor. You mumbled incoherent words under you breath, while the tan boy with a orange fish hoodie gasped. "I...I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" He grabbed your books for you, and placed them back into your arms.

 The fish-boy smiled at you, causing you to flash back a nervous, smile, and stop dead in your tracks. "Hey, are you alright? You took more of the impact than I did." He asked as he tilted his head to the side, causing the side of his hoodie to cover one eye.  

"Oh...Oh, I'm fine. Th-thanks for picking up my books." You grinned, showing your canine teeth, and stumbled back a few feet. The fish laughed lightly, making you blush a light tint of pink. You weren't exactly open with new people.

 "I'm Darwin Watterson, and this is Gumball," He turned his head to find his brother, but he vanished. "Oh, I guess he already left for class. Probably stormed off 'cuz I didn't let him copy the stupid homework assignment." He grumbled, and stomped his foot in anger, "Anyway! Sorry for being angry. What's your name?" He asked with a happy glint in his eyes, completely changing his mood. You smiled lightly, putting your head down, completely flustered. "M-my name is (Y/N)." You peeked up at Darwin, and he was grinning, with a small tint of pink on his tan skin, mixing nicely. "That's a wonderful name! Hey, I have to get to class, but let's hang out at lunch, alright?" You looked up, with your ears perked up as well, smiling, as he walked away, waving profusely. "See ya later (Y/N)!" He sang, and you did a small wave, grinning the entire time.

-   .  -   .  -   .  -

The ringing of the bell signaled lunch was starting, and you raced out the classroom, eager to meet the fish hooded, boy Darwin. You rushed through the lunch doors, and saw an orange hoodie in a group of people, sitting down at a random table. "Darwin!" You whispered, before taking off towards his table. "Darwin!" The fish boy looked up in surprise, and smiled at your gaze, causing you to smile once more. You plopped down the opposite side of Darwin, and quickly realized you forgot your lunch. "Oh no, I forgot my lunch!" You gasped, but Darwin urged you to stay. "It's fine! Just borrow some of my food." He smiled, and patted a seat next to him, which you hesitantly did. "Are you new to this school? I haven't seen you around before." He nudged you lightly, and offered you his plate. Nodding in agreement, he began to tell tales of him and his brother, smiling when you would laugh at the silly adventures the two of them would go on.

"Hey Darwin, who's your girlfriend?" The boy in front of you joked, sitting down, and began to eat his tacos. Darwin choked on his food, completely thrown off. "W-what? No, Gumball, she isn't-- she's my friend!" He stammered, sending him a quiet, threatening glare. Gumball laughed, and played with his sleeves on his sweater. "Anyway, we're going to 'study' in the library remember?" He looked at you with curiosity, before looking back at Darwin. "And by 'studying' I mean watching videos. C'mon Darwin!" He grabbed Darwin by his hood, and began to walk away. 

"B-bye (Y/N)! See you 'round!" He marveled, and you smiled, waving goodbye.