Chapter 1 - A Princess

Selene

Selene was hand combing her ginger red hair while she dreamed about her prince. Hmmmmm..... She closed her eyes and dreamed about him once more. Her dream went on and on.

Until finally her prince fell madly in love with her. They both got married the next day. Every moment they spent with each other was the happiest day of their lives! And they both lived happily ever after.....The end.

When her dream ended, she opened her eyes and gazed at the ceiling with a big smile on her face, the biggest one yet! She sighed.

"SELENE!"

When she heard that voice echo in her bedroom walls, she jumped. What now? She thought "Coming mother!"

"Get down here, you little rat!" her mother roared "I said 'coming mother'!" Selene murmured under her breath. Reluctantly she climbed down the stairs, not wanting to hear her mother scream on the top of her lungs again.

"What is it, mother?" she asked calmly when she finally reached the ground floor, "You're late."

Selene nodded waiting for another complain coming from her mother. But then she saw the look on her mother's face. Work her mother's face read.

So Selene quickly gathered the best looking vegetables from their garden. After she did that, she got a basket and placed all of the produce inside.

Feeling satisfied, she pulled a handkerchief from her dress's pocket and wiped of her sweat ready to do another vegetable basket, but then she saw something missing on the basket. Hmmmmm..

She went back to her room and raced to her vanity table. When she was back at the ground floor again, she pulled out a red ribbon from her pocket and tied it to the basket. There! Now she was truly satisfied. She did the same thing over and over again for the whole day.

She was pooped.

When it was dusk, she stopped working and went to her mother for today's salary. Unfortunately her mother was not very generous, so she only gave her two coins everyday.

That amount of money was already enough to buy a few vegetable seeds. But she was not going to use that for seeds, she was going to save it. And so far, she'd saved more than a hundred coins. Not bad for a peasant, she thought.

When dinner was ready, she rapidly ran to the faucet to wash her hands. Then she got all of the glassware and tableware and placed them all in them all on the table. She went to the kitchen and got the platter of food. While her four other siblings do nothing but..... nothing.

Everyone, but her, gobbled their food down. Looking at everybody else eating their food, Selene, herself couldn't also help but dive in too. No. But she prayed first before eating. And when she was done praying the rest of the family was done eating. Ironic, right?

Her whole family stood up, ready to wash their dishes. "You gonna eat that?" asked one of her brothers named Jason, who was staring at her food. "Yeah, you haven't touched your food yet little sis." added Delphi, one of her sisters.

She couldn't handle it anymore, she felt uncomfortable and started squirming, then she caught Jason about to touch her food "NO!" she heard herself scream.

All her siblings and parents took a step back as if she were a monster. "I mean, no you cannot have." she quickly said "It's about time little sis." she heard one of her sisters tell her.

Then her family went to wash the dishes. She sighed. She wished she could go somewhere else but here. But there is nowhere to go when you're just a peasant with no royal obligations. When she was finally done with her dinner, she went to the sink and washed her dishes.