chapter five.

'i hate to leave,' michael sighed, looking at his and calum's intertwined hands.

'i hate for you to leave too,' calum mumbled slightly poking out his lip in a sad pout. 'but we knew this day was coming. and i can always come to visit, when i'm not delivering pizzas. right?'

'yes, of course. if you want to,' michael quickly added, not wanting to push calum to do anything.

'why wouldn't i?' calum smiled, squeezing michael's hands.

michael mumbled something incoherent and just shrugged.

'don't even think about it,' calum laughed, quickly glancing around before pecking michael's lips. 'and there's always the magical place called 'internet', where we can talk and see each other.'

'it won't be the same,' michael smiled. 'but i guess it's better than nothing.'

'it is,' calum smiled again. 'we'll be okay.'

and michael wished with his whole heart that he could believe that. but he knew that the chances of their relationship surviving were slim.

so michael hugged calum like it was the last time he'd see the boy, muffled his face close into the nap of his neck where it fitted so perfectly and held back the tears that were threatening to escape from his eyes.

and calum just chuckled because he had no idea what was going through michael's mind.

then they parted, michael smiling through his watery eyes and then he had to go.

michael's parents weren't even home, they went to their work. but they had said their goodbye's last night.

calum hadn't even met his parents and michael hadn't met calum's parent. michael wasn't even sure if his parents knew about calum. it was so complicated, but simple at the same time.

'bye,' michael mumbled.

'no, see you later,' calum smiled, softly squeezing michael's hands again.

michael just smiled back, nodding softly.

'i have to go now,' michael said, sighing. he wished he could stay, but he had to hand in a paper tomorrow and still had some work on it. work he knew he wouldn't finish when he stayed at home until the last minute with calum.

'okay,' calum smiled, letting go of michael's hand, hiding them in the pockets of his jeans.

michael tugged nervously at his bottom lip, looking at calum.

he felt like he had to do something, but he had no clue what. he couldn't just kiss him. or could he?

but then calum surprised michael, caught him totally off guard, by passionately kissing the boy full on the lips.

the kiss was so intense that michael started to blush, carefully placing his hands on calum's shoulders.

it felt like an atomic bomb, destroying everything around them, not thinking about consequences.

they both were out of breath the moment they parted, like the atomic bomb had even destroyed their lungs filled with air.

'that was ...' michael said, still not totally recovered.

'yeah,' calum laughed, out of air too.

'i ... i have to go now,' michael smiled, a bit more secure just because of the kiss. calum nodded, smiling.

and then michael left.

but not before he stole one last kiss from the boy with the bewildered hair and even more wild eyes.

you can now follow me on twitter! @ lauriannebooks 

comment your twitter here, so i can follow you back :)