Chapter Fourteen

hello hehe I'm back with an update!! :) thank you for the amazing support so far you guys are really amazing :') hehe ok since I want to get to know my readers better here's a question for you!! you can comment a reply :)

Name three things you're a fan of!
I have loads omg im like a hybrid lmao haha but now I probably really love anime especially Free!, Hunter x Hunter, Kamisama Hajimemashita and loads others :) and also Kpop and 1D (yes you saw right haha) and Bruno Mars <3

----------------------------------------

Silent Shinobi (14)

Third Person's POV

It was so silent, even the footsteps of the stealthiest ninja could be heard. Team 7 gawked at their teammate, their mouths hanging open with disbelief clear on their faces. Sasuke was slightly more composed, though you could tell he was in shock.

"WHAT?!" It was Tenten who broke the silence, her shriek making Zeri scowl. Rock Lee looked stunned, his eyes widening. "Really? You'll be my girlfriend?" He looked amazed, like he never expected Zeri to accept.

Zeri shrugged nonchalantly. "I get to fight you if I'm your....'girlfriend', right?" She managed, struggling to say the word. Rock Lee looked horrified. "I can't fight my girlfriend! That would be despicable!" He announced, and Zeri's face dropped in obvious disappointment. "Why not?" She half-whined, and Lee grabbed her hands tightly. "Boyfriends do not seek to injure their loved ones," he declared, oblivious to Zeri's scowl of displeasure.

And it was only at this point did Sakura notice that Zeri looked very stiff and uncomfortable, almost as if she didn't know what to do. Her eyes widened as realisation dawned on her. Zeri didn't even know what a girlfriend/boyfriend meant! She held back a giggle, watching her kick Lee in the gut away from her. So she didn't even know what she was agreeing to when Lee asked her to be his girlfriend, Sakura mused thoughtfully.

She snuck a peek at Sasuke, slightly surprised that he was smirking at the scene in front of him. So I wasn't the only one who noticed, she thought, a small smile appeared on her lips. She looked around, her eyes resting on Neji, who had been quiet, and her eyes widened even further when she noticed him glaring at Lee and Zeri with an emotion she couldn't recognise.

"WHY YOU!" Tenten screeched, running towards Zeri with shuriken in her right hand. She threw the shuriken at Zeri, smirking smugly when the shuriken lodged themselves in Zeri's back. Zeri stumbled forward, and Sakura gasped in horror, covering her mouth to prevent a scream from escaping.

Just then, Tenten flew forward, crashing into a wall painfully and slumping on the ground. Zeri landed gracefully on her feet, her red hair flying behind her. Sakura gulped, noticing her eyes were slightly brighter than usual, and they were filled with undisguised anger. She slowly stalked towards Tenten, her hands hanging loosely at her sides.

"For a Genin, you're really a know-it-all brat. Did you actually think that kind of attack would get you somewhere?" Zeri drawled, no emotion whatsoever in her voice. Tenten scrambled backwards as Zeri approached her, evident fear in her eyes. Zeri smirked, liking the fact that she was scared. She raised her hand, flexing her fingers as she felt her currently invisible Tiger Claws curl into her palm.

"Zeri, you don't wanna do this," Naruto whispered quietly, and Zeri barely paused, her fingers inching towards Tenten. "She isn't worth it, c'mon, let's just go," he continued, and she weighed her options silently. Hm, wouldn't want to waste my strength on this chick anyway, Zeri finally decided, turning and walking away without a word, but couldn't help snickering when she heard Tenten let out a shuddering breath she had been holding, along with the rest of the crowd who had been watching fearfully.

They walked up the stairs in silence, and Sakura glanced at her two teammates, wondering what they were thinking. She was confused-why had Zeri actually listened to Naruto of all people, when she could've just attacked Tenten.

"Did you really think I was going to attack her?" Zeri asked her team without turning around as they trailed behind her. Sakura glanced at Naruto and Sasuke before she replied. "Yeah....But why didn't you?" she wondered, and Naruto nodded vigorously. "Like you said, Naruto," Zeri called over her shoulder as she stopped momentarily. "She wasn't worth it." Zeri shot them a wicked grin, causing both Sasuke and Naruto to flush slightly.

"Hey you, with the- Zeri, my love!" A voice trilled, and immediately Zeri's grin vanished, replaced by a slight scowl. Rock Lee caught up with them, a wide grin on his face as he winked at Zeri. "What do you want?" She asked boredly, tapping her foot impatiently. "We're gonna be late." Zeri just didn't want to see him, Sakura thought, giggling softly.

Lee's eyes shone brightly as he pointed at Sasuke. "I want to fight this Genin, so that I can prove my undying love for you!" He announced, and Zeri's eyes sparkled. "Fight?" She echoed, a sinister look in her eyes, but then she realised he meant Sasuke. "Damnit," she grumbled, walking away and sitting down gracefully. "Lee's gonna win anyway, so it's not worth watching."

Sasuke shot her a glare (which she ignored pointedly) and Naruto, who had been gritting his teeth since Sasuke got the attention again, turned to Zeri in confusion. "How do you know?" he wondered, and Sakura watched her reaction curiously. "You'll see," Zeri replied with her eyes closed.

Zeri's POV

Naruto was grinning like a idiot since Sasuke had lost to Lee. He did make a memorable departure when his sensei arrived and punched him, before they cried and hugged each other. Even I was confused. What the heck was going on? And to make matters worse, he looked exactly like Lee did. Were all the Jonin here lacking in fashion sense?

"You guys made it," Kakashi met us in front of Room 301, a closed eye smile on his face. I eyed his strangely levitatimg silver hair, shaking my head. See? Weird fashion sense. He raised an eyebrow at me questioningly, but I ignored him. "Anyways, good that you came, Sakura. Now you all can take the exam." His statement was met with three clueless faces, so he explained. "The exam can only be taken when the full team registers, or you guys wouldn't have qualified."

Darn, I shouldn't have come, I sighed, while Sakura continued to question Kakashi. But I really wanted to fight, and the only option I had was to attend this thing.

"Well, good luck to you all!" Kakashi smiled, waving before he disappeared. "We won't disappoint you!" Naruto hollered, opening the doors to the room and stopping instantly.

Countless pairs of eyes were immediately drawn to us and I held back an eye roll as I detected Sakura's heartbeat increasing rapidly. Yeah, I didn't like the attention (or any attention) but it was cowardly to be afraid. You gotta fight for your life one day, or you'll die. And you wouldn't want the latter happening.

"W-woah, I didn't think there would be so much competition," Sakura laughs nervously, and Naruto just takes in the scene with wide eyes. Sasuke has a little smirk on his face. He must really love the attention, I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Sasuke-kun! Where've you been, cutie?!" A shrill voice calls, and a few seconds later a blonde drapes herself around Sasuke. Oh, it's her, a small smirk makes its way onto my face. "I was hoping you'd be here! I really missed those good looks of yours," she gushes flirtatiously, and I watch as Sakura's eyes flame up angrily. And here's the Sakura I know, I think dryly.

"He's mine, you porker!" She shrieks, and both start screaming at each other about foreheads. I look at Naruto, who shruggs helplessly. "Man, if I had known the exams would be this lame, I wouldn't have bothered coming." Another voice joins us, and my smirk widens when I recognise the other two Genin walking towards us. "You three Stooges here too? Man, what a drag," he sighs, clearly sick of this already.

"Then why are you here in the first place?" I drawl boredly, and he glances at me in surprise. His mouth opens to reply me, but he doesn't say anything. I bare my teeth at him cheekily. "Don't you remember me?"

He clears his throat, shaking his head. "N-no, I probably would have though..." He trails off, looking puzzled. I pout slightly, disappointed. No fun at all.

Naruto leans towards me, oblivious to my scowl at his close proximity. "That's Shikamaru Nara, the laziest guy you'll probably ever meet," he says pretty loudly, and Shikamaru sweatdrops. "Gee, thanks a lot, Naruto." Naruto points to the guy beside him, wearing what seemed like an underwear on his head. "And that guy's Choji Akimichi and he's always hungry. Hey, that rhymes!" Naruto realised, cackling at his own words as Shikamaru sighs.

"Oh, and that's Ino." I cast an irritated look at the blonde who is still screaming. "What a bimbo," I scoffed, and she paused, turning to glare at me. "Please, I know you're jealous!" She tosses her hair, and I roll my eyes. "I'm more jealous of Choji," I tell her, and she looks shocked. "Why?!" She screeches, and I ignore her, tuning out her voice.

"Hey, looks like the whole gang's here!" A loud voice exclaims, and both Shikamaru and I sigh at the same time, causing me to smirk at him as he looks away, cheeks strangely pink. Naruto goes over to him, and Hinata spots me and smiles. "H-hello, Zeri," she says shyly, and I nod at her in acknowledgement.

"Arf!" An insulted bark interrupts, and I roll my eyes. "Hello to you too, Akamaru," I say, and he wags his tail happily.

"Where's my hello?" His owner asks, holding out his hands. I scowl at him, remembering how we met. He winks suggestively, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Feisty, I like that," he grins cheekily, and I turn away from him, since I don't know what to reply.

Suddenly, a familiar chakra approaches us, and my scowl deepens when I realise who it is. I knew he'd be here, I growled, my eyes flashing as he smirks at me, looking me up and down before turning to the rest with a 'friendly' smile on his face. That means he must be here too, I thought in annoyance as I glanced around the room. There's no way I'm going back, I promised myself.