Chapter One

hi everyone! :) so this is my first ever Naruto fan fic, and it might be a bit weird but hope you guys like it anyway! please tell me what you think, id love some feedback! if you like it then please comment and fan, it will be appreciated ^^ thank you! <3 and this chapter is dedicated to my friend xunnyxkies for always being there to fangirl with me over anime and stuff :') ily hehe

------------------------------------

Zeri's POV

I lay on the grass, watching clouds float by. A flock of birds flew past, chirping loudly, making a few loops in the air before flying off. I sighed jealously, wishing I could be as free as them. But you're not, a voice whispered in the back of my mind. Closing my eyes, I propped my feet on top of one another and prepared for a nap. I had nothing else to do anyway. I reached out and caught a kunai, it's tip only a few centimeters away from my face. Yawning, I opened my eyes, standing up and twirling it around my fingers.

"Now, now, Kabuto," I tsked at him, wagging my fingers. "That's not nice! You should know that by now, that I," At this, I turned around to face him, smiling sweetly. His face looked shocked, then turned red, probably not expecting me to react like this. I disappeared, and Kabuto was kicked forward, sending him sprawling on the ground. He yelped in pain and shock, and I reappeared beside his sprawled out body, my face dark.

"Can easily kill you," I grinned, my teeth extending and sharpening, before stabbing the kunai into the dirt beside his face. I heard his sharp intake of breath before I disappeared again. I reappeared in the hallway of the compound, my red hair flying behind me. He never learns, I thought as I walked down the hallway, stopping at the last door. If only I could just snap his neck, I thought wistfully, waiting outside the door. But he doesn't approve of it, since he's 'useful'.

"You may enter," a voice hissed from inside, and I pushed the door open, closing it behind me. "You called for me, Lord Orochimaru?" I bowed, my hair shielding my face.

"Yes, you may rise, child," I obeyed, my eyes blinking as I took in his form. His tongue snaked out and licked his lips, his eyes watching my every move while I waited for him to talk.

"Tomorrow, you will be leaving to join the Akatsuki," Orochimaru's eyes narrowed at the name, hissing. "Yes, Lord Orochimaru," I responded, my face expressionless. He cackled, his face contorting as he eyed me.

"Why, child. You surprise me so much, but I should have known you would not ask. Do you not want to know why you are being sent away?" His face neared mine, his snake-like eyes narrowing into slits. I stared back silently, shaking my head. He pulled back, a satisfied expression on his face. "Good. You may leave now, pack all your items for tomorrow," He ordered, and I bowed, turning around and exiting the room.

Whistling slightly, I bared my teeth at one of Lord Orochimaru's experiments who decided to plant itself in the middle of the hallway. It growled back, rising on all fours with slobber dripping from its mouth as its black eyes narrowed in irritation. I stared back coldly, not backing down from the monster even though it was considerably larger in size. The monster threw its head back and roared, the horrifying sound echoing through the hide and ringing in my ears, before charging at me.

I yawned, already bored as I waited for the Akatsuki members to arrive. My new necklace swung from my neck, and I held it up admiringly. It was a tooth from the monster I killed yesterday, and needless to say Lord Orochimaru was not pleased, but surprisingly he let it go.

I sat up, pushing my hair to one side as I started to braid it absentmindedly. I wasn't exactly jumping for joy at this change. In the end, I was just going to end up getting bossed around again, I scoffed. And speaking of Lord Orochimaru, I wasn't exactly going to miss him dearly. Who would? Actually, maybe Kabuto; he was always an admirer of him, for some absurd reason. Feeling a chakra presence below me, I looked down from the trees to see two figures cloaked in black with red clouds. I studied them curiously, wondering what they were arguing about in the middle of nowhere.