Chapter Eighteen

Eighteen

Staring blankly at the figures before scared the shit out of me. Pulling myself up and staring at the backs of Vow and Nitera made my heart slam against my stomach. The angst filled my veins as I brought myself to my knees and crawled over to a passed out Kemint. His long, loose black sleeve shirt was hugging his flesh as he let a deep sigh of sleep repulse from his lips. Slamming a tight fist against his cheek brought his eyes to a death glare. My hand retreated as I felt the tight fingers of Nitera pull me to the ground, slamming my head against the artificial grass.

Glaring at her, I jumped to my feet and swung my leg towards her hip - letting her organs damage. Being the prissy she is; I watched as she lurched forward, clutching her stomach. Giving no mercy to her sorry ass, I brought the knife to her arm and slowly pressed it through the layers of flesh. Watching the blood sink through her pale rose pink shirt, I could feel the spirit of her sister pulling me to the thorns and decaying hands. Inhaling quickly, I blinked just as quick, then peered over my shoulder.

I'm hallucinating.... I thought, breathing intensely and biting my lip, waiting for the blood to linger over my taste buds. My heart pounding, I felt another hand trace over my goosebumps. Not daring to look over, I lost my control of force and wedged the knife in, so deeply, so ferociously; that blood exploded everywhere. Watching her stone cold body crack against the grass, I watched as everyone around me slowly shattered - like glass. What the hell is going on?

 Stepping backwards, I watched as Cover's blue eyes of innocence shifted uncomfortably in every direction. My heart pounding, I let my leg fall forwards, causing a crack to erupt the earth below my feet. I watched as it unveiled, watching Cover's eyes widen and his actions panicked and bewildered, I felt the regret seep into my flesh.

 Killing was evil.

 The evil powers continued to send me mad, as I watched Cover being pulled in my tiny arms of grey-eyed children. Their evil baby smiles, flashing at me, sent me backwards against a tree. Covered screamed as the children dug their nails deeply in Cover's flesh, tearing off layers until the bone was visible. The eyes washed from Cover's sockets, causing the blood to stain. My body frozen, I was forced to watch the madness, as the soft giggles of a girl, wrapped her long nails. I tensed.

 The low humming. An eye lost, the other blood red, no sighting of a pupil, or even whites. My heart skipped as I felt the humming near my neck, ready to skim my flesh from my bones. Heart pounding, I slowly reached for my belt, then realizing how I left it near the fire. Regret casted over me as I felt her nail go deeper. The sound of the chainsaw grinding against the bone sent a shiver down my spine. Slowly letting her glide across the bloody flesh, I heard a shriek echo and the humming of the chainsaw dying as she slowly swept away into dust.

Staring up at the sudden silhouette before me, I saw the face that was always there for me. The hands that reached out, were always taking me into care. Watching the brown eyes glance down at me my heart fluttered. He was alive. Sail was alive. Letting my palm slowly rest in his, I felt myself being pulled up from my uncomfortable, frozen position on my toes. Being as pathetic as I was, I nearly squeezed the life out of Sail as I sobbed like a child in his arms. My eyes slammed shut against each other, letting the tears run like a waterfall. My mouth quivered as I curled my fists in his shirt. The calm beating of his heart, rung gently in my ears, letting a calm wave wash over me. Pressing my nose deeper into his chest, I felt his arms tightly wrap around me.

 "You aren't ready to let go, therefore, you aren't ready to escape."

 Hearing the hissing words enter my ear sent a shiver through me. My spine's bones shook erratically, as I was lurched forward from a pain in my stomach. Sail's body instantly froze and broke — the shards slamming against my flesh. Feeling the blood erupt from my veins, and watching every piece of Sail disperse; my eyes were flashed with white.