The Kiss

"I'm glad that you decided to meet me here today "Rebecca stared nervously out the window at the passing cars, her thumbs drumming the table anxiously.
"Yeah I thought we needed to talk".

We just sat in agonising awkward silence for a while avoiding eye contact when suddenly Rebecca has an outburst of sobbing.

"Emma I'm so sorry for what I did I shouldn't have ditched you for Daniel it was a huge mistake and I'm so so sorry !"
I stare at her ,my jaw hitting the floor in shock unable to take in the news.
"Bec it wasn't your fault Dani was a sweet guy and you just loved him " I say to her in a soothing voice attempting to calm her down, but mostly just trying to distract other customers in the coffee shop from staring at us.
"So are we cool ?" She asks her hands trembling with nerves.
I take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
"We are cool".
Rebecca's face twists from desperation to relief as she sighs,relaxes her shoulders and takes a sip from her latte.

"So how have you been recently ?"she questions staring at me through the glistening lenses of her glasses as the morning sunlight shimmers on the glass.
"I just joined the college down the street and its been going pretty well "I reply grinning.
"That's great , any boys ?"
I think if I should tell her about my "darling"Roommate.
"Yeah my roommate is this guy Nick and he's alright I guess "I tell her rolling my eyes in annoyance.
"Wait not Nick Cole with the blond hair ?"Rebecca asks on the edge of her seat her eyes widened.
"Um yes "I say not quite understanding what she's trying to get at.
"Do you remember when people started spreading that rumour about you all over the school ?"
How could I forget .
Someone started telling everyone that I was dating Rick Hall , the most popular guy in school . Of course we weren't dating but it was just a rumour that started spreading, and then it got worse when people stated saying I was pregnant at 16 which was totally not true and I was called Teen mom for a whole year.

"Yes"I mumble so quiet is almost in audible.
"Well it was Nick and his friends who thought it would be funny to start a rumour like that so that's what they did".

So it was Nick who put me through hell and back when everyone was asking what its like to make out with Rick.I mean even if we did make out I wouldn't tell everyone.
Suddenly a wave of Realisation hits me and I'm unable to brush it off ,I feel as though the walls are closing in and I can't breath.

"I'm sorry but I have to go I'll text you later ".
I clasp my purse in my palm  and race out of the coffee shop in a haze.

Once I'm safely inside my car I hit the steering wheel in rage at what's happened . How and why did he do this?does he have an ounce of consideration underneath all of those muscles ?

I swing the apartment door open carelessly , prepared to unleash my anger on Nick, and am shocked at what I see.
Nick lying on the couch with two blond barbies sitting next to him laughing and on there phones drinking beer.

"Get out !" I scream my eyes stinging with tears my fists clenching.
"Who ordered the buzz kill ?"one of the blond girls asks laughing to the other , sipping from her beer.
"Well I'm sorry blondie but I freaking live her so piss off !"

I'm shocked at my own words , but never the less both girls pick up their belongings  and quickly leave after my speech .
The anger continues to bubble inside me.

As the door slams shut Nick marches towards me.
"Um what's your deal ?"Nick asks with a stupid look plastered on his face that makes me want to punch him.
"What's my deal ?"I ask sarcastically "your the one that spread all those rumours about me a year ago that I was dating Rick Hall and pregnant with his kid didn't you!"

Nicks expression changes to confusion and guilt.
"That was you ?"he asks.

A single tear leaks down my cheek and I race to my bedroom , in order to escape this dreadful scenario.

As I run Nick follows me pleading and calling my name as he does so ,however I shut the door in his face.

I dive into my bed and bury my self in the covers as tears flood my face ,suddenly there's a gentle knock at the door .

Nick quietly walks in and sits on my bed .

"Look Em I'm so sorry about that ".
"Do you have any idea what you put me through ?!" I scream sitting up .
"Yes and I can't believe I even did it so please accept my apology "he looks desperate .
"But why Nick why?!"I wail in sorrow.
"I don't know I was a dick , I still am a dick!"
"I just don't understand "
"Please Emma accept my apology"he pleads .
"You just don't get it do you , it doesn't make sense to do does it except-"
"Please Emma "he whimpered.
"You caused so much misery and I just don't think I will ever-"
Suddenly he grabbed my head with both hands and crashed my lips into his.He simply shut me up with a kiss.

We kiss and I feel wonderful.Nick wraps his arms around me and I place my hands on his neck .
We both fall back onto my bed and carry on .
I feel a burst of emotions fire inside me .

We pull away .
Nick strokes my cheek and whispers.
"Am I forgiven properly ?"

I laugh and we kiss.

Nicks caresses my cheek with his palm and I tug at his muffled,messy hair with my fingers looping round strands of his locks.

I wake up early in my room with Nick lying next to me.As soon as I see his warm, caring face I crack a smile and he wakes up.
"What are you smiling about he?"he says stroking me cheek chuckling.
"Nothing "I smile.
He kisses my forehead and I snuggle into him .
"Do you remember when I said you weren't my type ?"
"Yes ".
"Well I was lying ".