~3~

"What movie are we seeing again?" I ask quietly, tugging my jacket closer to my shivering form.

"It had something to do with Channing Tatum and I just bought the tickets. Let's go! The movie started!" Maddie says as she drags me into the theater.

She immediately races to the snack line while I am slow to join her, trying to warm up a bit.

I tense up as I notice Maddie's little crush has decided to make an appearance as well.

Niall and Liam are leaning against the front entrance, keeping their noses in their phones.

A frown takes over my features. Did Maddie know they were gonna be here?

But Maddie just glides by them with two buckets of popcorn. She grabs my hand and leads me to our theater.

She didn't even glance in Niall's direction.

We enter our theater quietly and find our seats. I'm still confused as to why Maddie didn't notice Niall, I mean I feel stupid but it bothers me.

Maddie had another handful of popcorn on the way to her mouth when she noticed my confusion, "What?"

"You didn't see him?" This is oddly strange for Maddie, she notices every hot guy within a mile. Something is definitely up.

"See who?" Maddie looks just as confused as I am.

I open my mouth but am interrupted when a phone starts ringing obnoxiously.

My phone. Oops.

I scramble to silence it, earning a few harsh 'shushes' from the back row.

My dad's contact picture flashes up on the screen as I click the answer button.

"I'll be right back." I mumble to Maddie who nods absent-mindedly, already engrossed in the movie.

I make my way through the dark theater and stumble out the doors.

"Hey Dad," I breathe into the phone.

"Hey Paige. Sorry to bother you, just wanted to check up on how things were going," My dad says on the other end.

His voice was cutting in and out of the receiver.

"Hang on Dad, can't hear you very well." I begin to walk back to the lobby, but stop when I hear shouting.

"I don't wanna keep you very long, if you can't talk now. It's alright," My dad says akwardly, he probably thinks I'm at some party. Lovely.

"No Dad, I'm at the movies. A bunch of people are shouting in the lobby. A new movie just came out so it's probably just hype about that or something," I say to him uncertainly.

I get to the entrance of the lobby and find the source of the shouting.

Niall is currently yelling at the manager of the theater while Liam is cussing out one of the workers.

Liam doesn't even acknowledge my presence, whatever that poor worker did really set him off.

Niall seems bored of his argument and glances around, spotting me, "Paige? What are you doing here?" He turns away from his 'conversation' with the manager.

"Who's that?" My dad asks on the other end, an edge to his voice now.

"It's no one Dad, hold on." I say quickly running to the exit.

"Hang on Paige-" The cool air from outside hits my skin as the door closes softly behind me.

That was weird, and why shouldn't I go outside? I mean, it is freezing. Niall doesn't follow me outside though, I bet he resumed his yelling match with the manager after I left.