Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Caden's POV

"Believe it or not but we kind of are." I couldn't hold back the smile forming on my face. It felt strange though, I didn't smile very often. She actually believes we are not meant to be?

"It's a mistake." She thought this is a mistake? That I was a mistake? A deep rumbling sound echoed throught my chest. She did not have the right to say that! Not about her mate.

"Don't you dare say that!" I scolded angrily. I will not stand fort his kind of behavior. What is she thinking? Denying her future king his mate.

"Open this door this instand." I demanded, I was becoming impatient. She was this close to me and yet she was out of my reach. I waited for her to say something but instead I was met with silence.
Ray growled, demanding control over me, I could try fight him all I wanted but I knew it wouldn't make a difference. He was angry and he wasn't going to back down.

"Open this bloody door or I'll break it!" I hissed threateningly, I knew Ray had taken control by now.

"P-please don't." I heard her cry. I felt like I was being stabbed over and over again, my heart shattering into pieces, which surprised me. I've been told I didn't have a heart, I never cared. Except for her. She was crying because of me.

An irritated growl escaped my lips and I knocked the door down without a second thought. Immediately my eyes scanned the room, waiting for them to land on my precious mate who would be in so much trouble.

But when I observed my surroundings I noticed the room was empty.
She was gone.
I've lost her.
Again.

Riley 's POV

'What have you done!' Rue cried out in agony, causing more tears to stream down my face. What had I done? He almost had me. I ran again. He's going to find me niw, no matter what.

'I'm so sorry!' I hiccuped, for some reason I felt like I was dying. I felt bad and for once I actually regretted not staying with Caden. Rue didn't seem to care about my sadness though.

'You are selfish! I can't believe it. This was our chance.' Rue Snapped. I whimpered at the venom words that were thrown my way. She was right.

'You are not only doing this to youself, you are denying your responsibilities to the whole pack.' she rudely snapped making me cry even more as I crawled through an open window in the hallway after I left the room through the air shaft.

I could still hear Caden's angry growls as he threatens to break down the door. Trying to block out the noise, I started running through the garden of the palace, trying to find my way back to my own room.

'I know it hurts Riley, but I'm right.' She stated, I sighed.

'I know but why?' I hiccupped, 'why did it have to be me?' I clarified crying.

'That is not something we should worry about. The moon goddess put us together and she has her reasons for doing so.' This has to be a mistake, I can't be the one for him.

'I can't take care of a pack, I'm immature and childish! I am everything but the things he needs' I stated.
'You're wrong.' She mumbled.

'Rue you are right,' I realised,'I am being selfish'.
'I am hurting Caden and the pack.'
I stated, how could I do this to my pack. I made everyone suffer and worry for four years.
'You mean to tell me we are going to Caden?' Rue cheered.