Chapter 10

Tris POV

Four told me that he had to be away this weekend. But he didn't tell me why. He is a famous person. He sure is busy. I just wear my usual apparel of skinny jeans and my hoodie. Its cold outside and I am gonna freeze to death during work. I hum the melody to my favourite song as I walk down the pavement to the café.

"Morning, Tris!" Will greets, cheerily.
"Hey! Whatcha doin'?" I ask.
"Just cleaning." He says. I get my apron from the cabin and start work.
The door opens, ringing the doorbell along with it. Who enters shocks me. Its Four's parents, Marcus and Evelyn. And Four tags along behind.
I thought he said he had to be away?
Maybe he has something to discuss. Evelyn smiles at me now and then. Of course I return it. But Marcus doesn't even throw a glance at me.
What's that about?
Even Four looks distressed. What's going on?
Then, the door opens and a really pretty looking woman enters.
"Welcome, welcome Olivia." Marcus greets her and pulls the seat out for her. I glance at her while cleaning my equipment. She's pretty.
Marcus nudges Four with his arm. Four reluctantly looks up and nods to her. Marcus finally looks at me. He smiles but there is something about it that puzzles me. It has a kind of....I don't know, triumphant touch to it? Yeah, it does. I just smile back at him and continue what I am doing.
I think I am going to have a headache from all this.
What's going on?
"I wanted to introduce you to each other. I think you, young lady, would make a good match for my son." He says. Match? What?
I have a bad feeling about this whole thing. I dont know why.
I keep listening to them as I serve a customer.
"Oh, I have to say, I have had a liking for him for some time." She blushes. Back off! Wait what? I have no claim to him.
"That's nice to hear." Marcus gushes.
I notice that Evelyn is glaring at her the whole time.
Suddenly, Marcus comes to place an order and I immediately get nervous.
I note down carefully as he says his order and give it to Will.
Minutes later, I walk to their table to serve when Marcus pretends to stretch his leg a little when he actually wanted to trip me. Why does he hate me so much? What did I do?
I walk back to my counter and sigh.
"So son, tell her more about yourself." Marcus says.
"Uh..." Four trails off, not knowing what to say.
"He is very famous and sucessfull, just like your father!" Marcus says proudly.
"Oh, yes I know that." She says, smiling. Four is trying very hard not to groan.
"Uh, yeah." He just says, not looking up.
He is not interested in this at all. I can tell.
"I am sure you would have a good life with him. I will be speaking with your father a lot more about this. Get to know each other. Alright?" He tells Olivia, getting up. "Evelyn, lets go."
He smirks at me and gets out the door.
Four fidgets in his awkwardly. He is still not looking at her.
"So, what are we gonna do?" She asks him.
"Um...I don't know..." Four says. Her face contorts in clear irritation. Four then turns to me, desperation laced on his face.
"Coffee date?" I mouth to him.
He nods, in relief.
"How about coffee right here?" He says.
"That sounds good." She says.
I quickly bring 2 cups of coffee to them.
"Thanks." He mouths to me when I go back to my counter.
"We should date. I promise it will be good." She says, taking a sip of her coffee.
"Um...I am not so sure about that." He says. Why doesn't he like her? I mean, she is so pretty.
"Why not? My father would love to have someone like you as my suitor." She says, sitting up straighter.
"I am not interested." He states blankly.
"What?" She says, offended.
"I mean, it just doesn't feel right for me. I am sorry." He says. She stands, huffing. "I am sorry if I offended you but its the truth."
She storms out the door the minute she hears that.
Four lets out a big breath.
"Jeez, I was just speaking the truth in that one." He sighs.
He comes over to me.
"Why do you not like her?" I ask.
"I am just not interested." He says.
"What? But she is so pretty." I say, sighing.
"Nowhere near you." I hear him mutter and immediately blush.
"You should not have done that. Your father seemed to like her." I say.
"I don't care. I am not interested." He says, grabbing his hair out of frustration.
"Chill. I am taking a break now." I say.
"Great. Can we go out?" He asks, eager.
"Alright." I say, hanging my apron up and straightening out my hair.
I tell Will before walking out the door.
"So why are you not interested?" I say. "Are you interested in someone else?"
"Yeah. But my father won't approve and I am frustrated." He says.
"Oh. Who is it?" I ask.
"I will tell you when I am ready." He says.
"Sure." I say.
"So what'd you wanna do?" I ask.
"Just get some air." He says.
"Alright." I reply.