Chapter 9

Vanessa P.O.V

When I woke up and I saw that I was in the hospital bed, I was wondering why I was here? But then all the memoirs came flowing back to me and It was Zac who did this to me and I can't believe what he did to me, and I notice that I wasn't alone in the bed but someone with me in the bed.

I saw that it was Ashton in the bed with me but I wonder how he found out that I was in the hospital? Of course, Libby told him where I was but she doesn't really know about my past with Zac and why I broke up with him.

I got out of the bed slowly to use the restroom and I texted Libby that I woke up already but Ashton doesn't know because he is sleeping? she texted me okay on my way and I told her, okay but bring me breakfast like coffee with donuts and she texted back alright. I went back to lay on the bed and tried to wake up Ashton and he finally woke up, he was surprised that I woke up first.

I told him that he could leave because Libby was on her way and I'll be okay and he asked me who did this to me and why? I told him he didn't need to worry about it because this is nothing and the wounds will heal on their own.

When Libby just got here, and Ashton took me outside of the door but I told him okay I'll tell you but can we go back inside the room because Libby needs to know too. He said okay and I told both of them to sit down because they need to know and you guys promise too not get upset or anything.

They both promised and I began telling the story of how I met Zac and it was on a windy day where I just left the house because my mom and her boyfriend were fighting.

I protected her which I got really beaten, I ended walking to a bar, where I just think and I didn't get drunk but I was on my way out when I met Zac, he asked me what happened to me? But I told him that its none of his businesses.

He just offered to at least help clean me up and I said okay and then we started to talk, he made me smile and after a while of hanging out with him and one day he asked me out? I told him yes and he asked me why I always looked like I got into a fight? I told him because I protect my mom from her boyfriend then they beat me up.

He asked what happened to my dad? I told him honestly I don't really know much about him but he was unhappy with my mom, so he left but wanted to take me with him but he couldn't because my mom made it hard for him but he kept fighting for me and every now and then I get a letter if I am lucky before my mom hides it from me but one day I'll meet him again. I miss him every day because of my world, everything.

Zac told me that I just keep my faith because one day I'll meet him again and then over the years of being together, something changed inside of him where he gets mad at every little thing I didn't do for him and one day where we both got into a fight, he beat me up really bad where I went to the hospital and the next day I told him that we are done and he told me that one day he would come back for me and make me his again but I told him that he could kiss my a** because I am none property and he told me he will find me and make me his no matter what, so I just left.

Well, I told you a little bit about me and how can you go Ashton? He told okay but text me later okay and I told him okay and tomorrow I would need to back to work which I can't wait to go back to work.

The doctor came to check up on me and told me I could go late at night and he changes my bandages on my stomach, my arms and clean up my face and asked me if in the past I was hit in the stomach? I told him yes I've been hit in the stomach but not to worry about it and the doctor told me that he should worry and he needs to report it.

I told him that it won't really make a difference and he just kept quiet and I asked him if I could leave already? The doctor told me not yet until he gives me my pills for the pain and then I left with Libby and I just slept at her house and I was in pain but honestly, this is nothing. Ready to go back to work and can't wait to see Rob and ask how his daughter Sophia is doing?

Ashton P.O.V

Vanessa woke me up and I am glad that she finally woke up and she wanted me to leave but I didn't want to leave until I get my answer like why did this person do this to her? So she finally the story of how she meets her Ex to me and Libby and then I finally left and went back to the house just to lay down and thinking of Vanessa not growing up with her dad and how it must be hard on her?

Eventually, the guys came back and asked why I had to leave and I told them because was in the hospital and I had to see if she was okay and they asked me what happened? I told them that Vanessa got beat up by her Ex and Calum looked like he was going to cry. I asked Calum if I could ask him a couple of questions?

He told me of course, I asked him before Vanessa's dad left how was Vanessa? He told me she was happy and enjoyed being with her dad because her mom wasn't always there. I asked how about when her dad left and she couldn't go with her dad?

He told that Vanessa was so sad that her dad left and she wished she could see her dad one day and she would get happy talking about one day she'll see him again. I asked why didn't her mom let her go with her dad? He said honestly I have no idea but you can ask Vanessa and see what she says.

I told him to talk to him later and thanks for answering my question and I was wondering why Vanessa didn't text me yet and I want her to open up to me but it's going to take time but I really like her and hope she feels the same way toward me and I text her goodnight and sweet dreams and kiss face emoji.