Chapter 4

------Getting adjusted-----

I woke up to the blinding sunlight from my window and a growling stomach. I didn't eat last night so you can imagine.

I brushed my teeth and headed downstairs. The tv was on and Nate was eating breakfast.

"Good morning"

"Morning"

"Did you sleep well?"

"Oh yeah I did"

"Well my moms out for a meeting so it's just you and me."He said.

"Oh okay."

"I'll be heading to a park nearby wanna come?"

"Yeah sure. After I'm done eating."

I stuffed myself with waffles and Nathan kept staring at me and trying hard to hide a giggle."

"What?" I asked, my mouth full.

"It serves you right for not coming down to eat dinner last night."

"Whatever!"I replied smiling.

Well our cousinship has started out quite well.

After a while, I was done. I cleaned up and got dressed in a pair of skinny's and a purple top with black boots. It took us about 20 minutes to get to the park. Lots of people were there.

We walked around and got to know ourselves better. Or rather, I got to know more about him. He seemed to do all the talking and I didn't mind one bit because I honestly didn't want to talk about my past.

"... and that's how I'm called Nathan. Funny right?"

Oh shit I forgot he was there and got lost in my thoughts. It wasn't my fault he was such a talkative.

"Oh yeah that's funny!" I said faking a laugh. I'm really good at that by the way.

We then got some ice cream after visiting Pizza Hut.

"So are you ready for sixth form?"

"Nope. Not at all. I'm actually nervous you know."

"Don't worry I got you covered. My friends are cool so don't sweat yh?"

"Sure. Thanks"

We went home around 5 pm and we were greeted by a sweet aroma that filled the whole house. Wow.

"You didn't know my mum was a great cook did you?"

"Uhh no I didn't." I really had to learn to not speak out my thoughts.

"You guys are back!" She exclaimed, opening her arms "Jade I made your favourite, Mashed potatoes and gravry!"

"OMG!"I practically screamed jumping over to the kitchen. I was full but I could always make space when it same to mashed potatoes and gravry.

"No, no, no. Go change and come down for dinner."

"Awww come on mum" That was Nathan.

"No sir. Go upstairs and get changed. She said sternly.

We headed upstairs and I quickly got changed. I mean why wouldn't I?

Nathan, however spent about 20 minutes getting ready. What kind of boy is he?

I came out when I was on my second serving. I love food.

There wasn't much talking except for Aunt Patricia, eho kept telling Nathan to make me feel comfortable in my new school.

I gathered the dishes into the dishwasher and joined Nathan. X factor was on. I really loved that show. We laughed at most of the people who auditioned. Sometimes I actually think these people get paid to fool on the tv really.

After some time, I ch"caked the clock and it was 11:00 pm. Wow

"I gotta go to bed." I said to Nathan but he didn't respond.

"Nathan? Nathan." I got up and realised he was fast asleep.

"Oh well" I muttered to myself and turned of the tv. I needed rest though, I hadn't exactly done anything productive the whole day. I hopped unto my most comfortable bed and drifted off in no time.

Yiddy yadda yiddy yada!!!

What do you think of my little Bala

Don't ask me what that means cos I aint got a clue my self.. Cos I'm bad at rhyming words that makes sense like that.. Anyways how do you like the story?? Am I going too fast ? Or too slow?

If you have any question you can ask me😬

Soo yeah I need ideas for something's to happen before or whiles she's in school., I got the rest covered 😁😁.

I read this book Ten Little Indians by Agatha Chrostie and it is AMAZING!! All of you that love mystery and detective stories go check it out!! so yeah comment, vote and fan if possible ✌✌