Chapter 2

Mike's punch went through thin air as the hero dashed behind him. He spun and threw his fist at the man, but was met with nothingness once more.
Running out of options, he grabbed the nearest thing he could find: the remote on the table, and lunged at the speedster, trying to hit him with it.
As expected, the man dashed away, coming to a stop behind him once more.
Mike quickly twisted and arced his back, turning to face the man in mid air, and throwing the remote at him, landing on his back in the process. Not expecting this, the remote hit the man on the temple, leaving him momentarily stunned. Trying to seize the opportunity, he quickly got up and tackled the man to the ground.

Mounting him, he delivered a quick set of jabs to the man's face. After at least 5 seconds of punching, the speedster grabbed Mike's fist right before collision with his nose.

He punched Mike in the jaw and pushed him off him with such strength that Mike flew towards the ceiling. His back smashed against it, and while he fell the man got up and delivered a swift uppercut to Mike's chin as he fell down, snapping his head backwards and leaving him fallen on the ground.
Then, pulling him up and grabbing him by the shoulder with both hands, head-butted him, making Mike see stars. Then he used his super speed to run through the still open door to outside, and ran inside and punched him, and with the momentum it held it sent him flying across the room and into the wall on the far side of it, next to the window his friends were watching through.

"No!" Rhys shouted and tried to run around to get inside, but was stopped by Alex.
"If you go in there you'll get the same treatment Mike went through, you have to stop!" Alex grabbed Rhys and pulled him away from the window, giving Mike an opportunity to use his abilities. But he was dazed from the beating he took, groaning as he struggled to move, but the cruel speedster had done too much damage to him. As the man towered over Mike, he said,
" You're not a hero are you? "

"What? Of course I'm a hero."

The man replied, looking surprised.

" If you were a hero you wouldn't be fighting with intent to kill me. "

He said staring into the ceiling.

"You weren't giving up the belt, I had to use force. And I'm not trying to kill you."

"No hero would beat some unsuspecting person up for a high tech belt. If you are really a hero, tell it to them."

"What?"

Suddenly the short silence was broken by the sound of sirens wailing in the distance. Screeching could be heard as police vehicles lined up the outer driveway. The man looked outside in shock.
"How did you-"
He was cut off by a rough voice through a megaphone. "Rapid, get out with your hands in the air and release the young man."

"Rapid?" Mike smirked. "Were you drunk when you named yourself?"

"Shut up!" The man called out and closed the door, blocking the police's view as they blasted more threats at him.

Mike knew they wouldn't dare opening fire on him. Apparently Rapid knew this too as he turned to face him. "Sorry kid. I can't let you leave. Well, not alive at least."

Mike got off his back and stood to face Rapid. His friends weren't here to see this, they had run to the police vehicles. He could finally fight with his full potential.

His body crackled with electricity as he prepared to blast him. The look of surprise on Rapid's face was all too pleasing as he put his hands out. Rapid suspected it was a blast, and ran beside him, only to be blasted full in the face with electrical power. Mike had faked him and the speedster had taken the full front of his attack to the face. He flew backwards into the wall, invading it's polished surface with cracks.
Rapid fell into a seated position and looked up at Mike as he ran towards him, and jumped out the way, a bright blue lightning bolt leaving a large burn mark where he had just been. This time on the offensive, he ran towards Mike and delivered a set of swift punches to his chest, and was dismayed to see it was not as effective as he thought. Mike grabbed the tops of his shoulders, and threw him on the center table, the legs wobbling under his weight.
Mike walked up to him and grabbed him again, and after a deep breath, released a devastating wave of shock through the man's body. His scream filled the air and Mike stopped. He let Rapid go, and the man fell off the table. Mike thought he had won, but there came a pained grunt and Rapid could be heard speaking. "You think you won didn't you."

"..."

"You're far from winning you fool. You just started a war you can't control, and the best part is, I know where you live." In an instant a green and yellow blur flashed across the room and disappeared out the window. Mike thought upon what he said. Could he have been working for someone? What if he really did get himself into a lot of trouble? He shook his head. That guy was a low class villain, there was no way he could amass an army or a group of villains. Low class villains and heroes were looked down upon quite often, not much is expected of them because half the time the crimes or good deeds they do are considered minor. Like stopping a small store from being robbed, or getting a cat down from a tree. Mike stopped his train of thought at the next station. The police were here, and they would most likely want to know what a villain was doing beating up some random teenager in his home. So while he tried to come up with a believable story, he opened the door, feigning pain, and walked towards the convoy of police cars outside with his fake story to tell.