Chapter Seventeen

Friday, 9:30 am
Eden Hall
{history class}
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

Adam had never been more bored then he was now. The teacher was explaining something about Iceland and Greenland. He likes history, but he'd like it even more of the teacher was less dull.

Adam's elbow was pressing against the table as his hand was laid on his cheek, in boredom. He struggled to keep his eyes open.
Just one more minute, and he'd be face down, eyes shut.

His eyes were beginning to close, he felt dizzy and tired. He barely had any sleep at all last night. He felt his face sliding down his hand. His blue eyes were now closed shut and his face was laying on the cold hard wooden table.

Slam!
Adam jolted up in fear. His ears exploded from the loud slam that just hit his table. He saw his teacher, holding a book to the table. He was glaring at Adam.

Teacher: the principle has requested you in his office.
Adam was now frowning. He wanted not one of his body parts stepping foot in that office.

Teacher: did you not hear what I just said?
Adam was more afraid of his teacher now. He stood up and brushed down his shirt. He walked to the classroom door and swung it open. The halls were terribly cold.

Adam closed the door and headed to the principles office. He kept walking and walking through the cold, dull halls of Eden Hall. He liked the sound of that 'the halls of Eden Hall'

Hilarious... Adam thought.
He buried both hands in his jean pockets and cleared his throat. He saw the door of the office two feet away. As soon as he entered the room, he heard a terrible amount of yelling.

Coach Orion: for heavens sakes let him play!
Principle: he must be punished for his actions.
Coach Orion: punish him some other time, sir! We have a huge hockey game. We need him, he's one of our star players.
Principle: well, I- (Eyes darted to Adam) ah, you're here.

Adam nodded and stood next to coach Orion.
Coach Orion: Adam, do you realize your actions were very immature, you can no longer play hockey until the seasons over.
Adam: I know coach, I'm sorry.
Principle: mr. Banks. I realize I have set the bar far too high with you. I shouldn't banned you from playing hockey, but I can give you a whole month of detention, make that a whole year.
Coach Orion: but detention is after school. That's when we have hockey practice.
Adam: wait, so I can play hockey?

Principle: yes, Banks, you can play hockey.
Adam has never heard better news. He was thrilled, the good kind of thrilled.
Adam: thanks, sir. Really, thank you.
Coach Orion was obviously way more excited.

Principle: but-- but...
Adam's face expression turned into a tense look.
Principle: you're on pots and pans for the entire second semester
Adam: (shocked) but sir, I-
Coach Orion: he'll take it, thank you sir.
Adam looked at coach in disbelieve.

Principle: alright boy, off you go.

Adam still had his jaw dropped and his face frowned.
He didn't want pots and pans, Dean and Fulton were on pots and pans this semester, and it didn't go so well.

But at least he got to play. At least he got to do what he loved. Hockey.
~~~~~~~~~~
Eden hall,
11:04 am
~
Guy: ...I mean, she expects me to get her something beautiful, something she actually wants this time. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love Connie- I really do, but sometimes she just wants everything, literally.
Adam: (carelessly) well, buddy. Good luck.

Adam opened his locker and threw a few books in
Guy: (leaning to his side, against the lockers) that's harsh.
Adam laughed a bit. So did Guy.
Adam: sorry, I mean-- sorry.

Guy chuckled and smiled. His eyes sparkling as his dimples made him look like a little innocent kitten.

Adam: by the way, didn't you notice the tattoo on Connie's neck, this morning?
Guy: tattoo? She got a tattoo?

Adam looked at Guy as if he was the dumbest person on earth.
Guy then noticed Adams' smirk.

Guy: you--
Adam: (laughing histarically) I think your teeth sunk in too deep.
Guy: (punching Adams' arm) screw you.
Adam: wait so, --you actually did it? With her?
Guy: (in disbelieve) dude?! What kind of question is that. Personal...
Adam chuckled and shook his head.

Cole: hey, girls.
Adam sighed as he looked down at the ground. Guy gave Adam a look of concern and they both looked at the two boys standing with smirks on their faces.

Adam closed his locker.
Guy: we should go.
He attempted to leave, but Scooter dragged him back.
Scooter: (to Guy) you're not going anywhere, goldilocks.

Guy rolled his eyes in frustration.
Adam: let us go, you moron.
Cole: now, Banks. I know you didn't mean to insult my friend?
Scooter: I know you didn't mean to insult me.

Adam glared at the two snobs.
Adam found himself getting yanked by the top of his shirt. He squinted his eyes.
Scooter: you don't wanna mess with me again, Banks. Or else-
Adam: or else what?
Guy: Adam, he's not worth it.
Scooter: (chuckled at Guys' comment) or else, I'll tell the entire school who you really are.

Adam had a look of disbelieve.
He didn't know whether to laugh or cry. But he knew he wanted to punch this jerk where it hurts.

Adam: oh yeah?
Scooter: uh-huh- that's right.

Scooter let go of Adam.
He then turned his head to Guy.
Scooter: oh and- that little girlfriend of yours, I'd love to get in touch with her. She's beautiful. Quite the- character. I'd love to get in her pants. Feel her lips, touch her body-

Guy clenched his fists, and frowned. His blood was boiling hot, He then shoved Scooter into the lockers, making him yell in pain.

Adam had wide eyes, and Cole just stood there.
Scooter: you little bast-
Guy: you're a real jerk you know that? You ever talk like that about my Connie, I'll kill you!

Cole: don't you threaten him.

Guy: If you have an issue with him being gay, then it comes to your own fears, and your own darkness.
Scooter: I don't know what the hell you're saying, but I'm gonna kill you, you little assh-
Adam shoved him back into the lockers.
Guy looked at Adam and laughed. Then he looked back at Scooter. He was pissed off.
Adam: now get outta here before I cut your necks off.

Cole left the two boys, Scooter followed.
Scooter: I'll get you, Germaine. You too, Banks. I'll get you. I will.
Guy: pussies!
Guy high fived Adam as they both laughed.
Adam: thanks for that, by the way.
Guy: no problem. After what he did to Connie, I really wanted to hurt that jerk.
^^^^^

Look at Guy being all protective over Connie, and Adam, too.
Oh Germaine, my main man, my
Main Germaine... Eh- eh? No...okay.