What Have I Done?

Summer’s POV

Me and Jane we’re out and about in the shopping centre. We were checking out some items for babies but I have no plans to buy stuff since I still have no idea what’s the baby’s gender.

“If ever that the baby is a girl, I am really going to splurge a lot on buying this one,” Jane told me. I looked to her and she was holding this cute baby outfit.

“Aww, that’s cute,” I said with a chuckle. “The baby is going to be happy for having a godmother like you,” I added.

“Oh. I’m going to spoil the baby lots!” she exclaimed.

“Oh no, you won’t Jane,” I said with a smile.

“Of course I will!” she exclaimed. “She will be like my first kid,”

“Forget it,” I said. “My baby should not be your first kid silly. If you’re going to have a baby someday, your baby should be number one,”

“They will be both my number one,” she said.

“I smell jealousy already,” I said. “I can see it now,” I added. Jane looked to me.

“You can actually tell?” She asked. I nodded and took a deep breath.

“Well, it’s pretty obvious. Children nowadays are always getting into these pesky little fights,”

“Have you seen Mike’s nieces do that?”

“That was the thing that got me saying that,” I said with a smile. I then looked to the across part of the mall and saw a restaurant. “I wanted to eat,”

“Again?” Jane asked. I nodded. “Is really being hungry always included in being pregnant?”

“Women who are pregnant are eating for two silly,” I said. “It’s hard you know?”

“I see, I see,” she said and sighed. “No need to explain. Let’s just go and fill your stomach in before Zayn will scold me to death,”

“Zayn isn’t scary,” I said with a little laugh.

“Mike said he is,” Jane said. “There was once when Mike was around with the boys and at that time, Zayn was pissed off and he saw how he stormed off. He was thundering, as what Mike told me. And it was really scary for him,”

“I don’t want to see that. I’m already scared,” I said.

“The thing that you should be scared off is about Zayn when he learns the truth,” she whispered to me. I looked to Jane.

“Jane,” I whispered.

“Let’s talk about that once we get food. I’m hungry as well like you,” she said with a wink and pulls me out of the department store.

After ordering and finding a seat that is isolated from many people, Jane and I started to eat silently. She looked at me as I looked to her.

“Aren’t you prepared of the day when Zayn learns the truth?” She asked me. I gulped.

“I’m scared and at the same time, unprepared,” I answered honestly as I ate the scoop of ice cream. “I mean, I never expected that things will end up like this,”

“Of course. But you know that this will happen,” she said. I nodded.

‘Yeah, exactly,” I said as I sighed. “I can’t just say this to Zayn, Jane. I’ll break his heart if that is the case.  I don’t want him to be sad,”

“And you also don’t want to see him hurting right?” she asked and I gave her a nod as an answer. “But Summer, you will end him hurting when he finds out that the baby’s father is his bestfriend. You can’t escape from that truth,”

“I know, I know,” I said. “And that makes me scared so much more,”

“Summer, Zayn deserves to know. Louis as well,” she said. “Louis, right. Louis has to know. He deserves to know,”

“I know that he has to know. And he will really know whether I will tell him or not,” I said. “Gosh. Why this is all happening,”

“I can’t answer that,” she said. “Not even anyone you asked,”

“I wanted to tell them badly because Louis has all the right to know that he is my kid’s father,”

“Well, luckily you have the right mind to think of that,” she said jokingly.

“I have,” I said. I ate another scoop of ice cream and then when I turned, A little kid was standing beside our table.

“Hello there,” I greeted. She looked to me like she knows me. “Are you lost?” I asked. I looked around for might be her mother is looking for her.

“Are you Zayn Malik’s girlfriend?” she asked. I looked at Jane, startled. I looked to her and I nodded.

“How come you know?” I asked with a smile.

“I like you,” she said with a smile. “Can I hug you?”

“Awww,” I chuckled and nodded. I then hugged her as she hugged me. I then unwrapped my arms around her. “Aren’t you too young to know about me and Zayn?” I asked.

“My sister and I love you and Zayn,” she said with her smile. Ohmygosh. I can’t believe this. Then I saw a girl coming towards us.

“Stella!” I heard her call out. She then held the little girl’s arms. “Where we’re you? I’ve been looking for you all over!”

“Look, it’s Summer!” the little girl screamed excitedly. I looked at her big sister as she looked at me startled.

“Hey,” I greeted with my smile. “Are you her sister?”

“Ohmygosh! No waaay!” the girl screamed. “Are you really Summer? Is it you who is Zayn’s dating, right?”

“Yes, I am Summer. And yes that is me,” I answered with a smile. “What is your name?”

“My name is Aira and this kid here is my little sister Stella,” she answered. ‘Omygosh! I can’t believe that it’s really you!”

“Yeah,” I said with a smile.

“Can I take a picture with you?” she asked.

“Yeah, I think so,” I answered. She then giddily took her phone out and turned to Jane.

“Can you take a picture of us?” she asked. I looked to Jane and she nodded. “Thanks!” Then I they stood beside me as we smiled to the phone’s camera.

“One… Two… Three!” Jane counted and… click.

“Thank you so much!” Aira said as Jane handed her phone back. She turned to me. “Thank you too!” she added with smile.

“No problem,” I said as I gave Stella a high-five.

“I hope you and Zayn will be a good parents to your kid,” Aira said. I looked to her nervously.

“I bet we will.” I said with a smile.

“Stella, we have to go before Mum will think that we are lost,” Aira said. She then looked back to me. “We have to go Miss Summer. We are so glad to meet you in person!” she said.

“You are welcome. And it’s nice to meet you in person as well. I hope we will see each other one day!” I exclaimed then gave them both a hug.

“Bye!” Stella said as she waved. Aira waved to me as well. I waved back as they walked away from us.

“Now, everyone thinks that Zayn is the baby’s dad,’ Jane said as I watched the two girls fade away from my eyes.

What have I done?