2

It was getting dark, she has always hated the darkness. She was terrified of it, but she had no other choice but to keep walking. "It's okay..." She told herself, "I'm okay, It'll be gone soon." Everything was usually a blur to her. All the people, all the towns, all the cities, they all just seemed to pass by her. But not the night. The night brought her pain, it brought her voices telling her to run, it's not safe.

She would usually just keep walking with her eyes shut close, but that night was different. Her brown eyes were wide like a deer caught in the headlights, looking around nervously. She kept walking down the empty street, both her hands clenching the side of her dress. She brought one hand up to her chest, feeling her heartbeat going wild.

Then she saw her. She saw light and everything froze. Short blue hair and a face of an angel. The girl across the street was beautiful. No living human has ever caught her attention like this. She needs to know more about her.

And so she follows.

It wasn't long until the blue haired beauty stood in front of a small apartment complex, opening the gate and stepping inside. Melanie carefully slipped in. She kept following the girl up the stairs until she stopped in front of apartment 22. The girl looked around a bit before taking out her keys and opening the door. Once again, Melanie managed to step inside without being noticed.

From the moment she stepped inside, Melanie noticed the paintings on the walls. She walking towards one that particularly caught her eye. It was a painting of a forest. The calming colors and hues brought warmth to her, a small smile formed on her lips.

She ran her finger carefully through the canvas, feeling the dry paint and small bumps. She turned around hearing the shower running remembering she was in a complete stranger's house. Although the lights where off, she could still guide herself around the apartment towards the sound of the water running.

She tip toed her way on front of the bathroom door, pressing her ear against the door. She couldn't hear much except for water and slight movement. It wasn't long until the water stopped. Melanie gasped lightly, embarrassed on the thought of being caught.

She quickly moved away from the door, carefully walking to the living room. She hid in the couch waiting for the girl to come out the bathroom. Why is she so attracted to her? What is she feeling? All Melanie could ever remember is feeling lost, disoriented. She doesn't remember ever being this interested in anyone, she doesn't remember ever talking to anyone.

She watch the bathroom door opening, revealing the blue haired girl in only a towel. Melanie turned around covering her face. She buried her face between her her knees blushing.

It wouldn't hurt staying for a little while.