6

She touched her. She felt her soft skin against her fingers— are they her fingers..? She looked down at her hands, seeing right through them. Lately she's been lost on what to do. She didn't mean to scare her, she just wanted her to see she was there. She wanted her to notice her, to talk to her, but for some odd reason she also wanted to touch her. Melanie wanted to feel her warmth against her.

She didn't think it was weird. Everyone wants affection. But the way she wants to be around the blue haired girl all the time makes her stomach twist.

Melanie watch as the girl went to her room and back to the bathroom. After touching her and seeing her cry, Melanie hurried outside the bathroom, sitting next to the door frame. She heard music start to play and small splashes of water. She wished she had made those bubbles. She wished the girl had not emptied her bath, the one Melanie made specially for her.

The girl made Melanie feel things she had never felt before, or maybe she has she just can't remember. She isn't sure if these feelings where good or bad. At times they felt right, other times they made her see the world in grey.

You see, when Melanie first saw the blue haired girl, she saw color. She saw blue. And all the colors of the rainbow soon after that. But now those colors alternate between dark and bright. It was messing with Melanie's head.

The young girl peaked inside the bathroom and saw big clouds of bubbles dripping off the tub. She could see blue hair peeking out the white bubbles and stared. She wished she knew her name. She's only heard her voice a few times, and most of the time it was her spilling curses at whatever Melanie had done wrong.

Melanie knew the girl wasn't happy.

She has seen her lie awake too many hours, she has seen her drink too many bottles, lately popping too many pills. But Melanie can't help but see the blue haired girl as a stunning being.  It was hurting her not to be able to talk to her, hug her, let her know she was there. It made Melanie insides bubble, not in a good way. She felt her fist clench as she bit down on her lip. She doesn't know what this feeling is but she feels her chest tighten. She wants to scream, hit something, cry.  But she couldn't, she couldn't do anything but sit there next to the bathroom door feeling sorry for herself.

AN: I want to rewrite this story but at the same time I have lost motivation. When I first started writing this I knew exactly how it was suppose to be but I can't seem to remember. I actually started writing this when I was in a very low time in my life. I never wanted to romanticize the characters addictions and sadness. I want to rewrite this story to show the deeper meaning in two beings being lost in life... or for Melanie, the afterlife...