Bridget

Marty drove towards a fancy restaurant, "Marty, screw this fancy, expensive dinner."
    "Whatdaya mean, Irene?"
    "I mean I want to go to Burger King and then I want you to come to my house so we can watch a movie."
"I'll do anything you want."
"Marty, I always have to deal with these pompous asses. I just want to... I just want to hang out."
Marty grinned, "You have no idea how much I was worried about that damn dinner all day."
Irene kicked off her shoes and pulled her left leg underneath her.
"So pick your poison. Burger King, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Arby's, Pizza Hut..."
"Dear God, I never realized there were that many fast food places around here. Your choice. I just killed all of the plans you made."
"I didn't make that many plans. I just came to pick you up. My choice would be Burger King."
"Alright then. Onward to Burger King."
Marty drove to Burger King and they went through the drive-thru. As they sat in the car eating, Marty stated at Irene for a moment. When she noticed, she giggled, "Do I have something on my face?"
"Yeah," he said taking a napkin to her chin wear a droplet of ketchup had fallen. Their eyes met and Marty put his hand behind Irene's head and pulled her towards him. Their lips met and Irene put her hands on Marty's face. They broke away from the kiss, "I have to apologize. My breath is disgusting."
"Shut up, Marty, and kiss me," Irene said quietly pulling his face back toward hers. Irene slowly gravitated closer to Marty as the kiss continued.  The obnoxious ring of Marty's cellular phone broke their kiss. "Leave it," Marty moaned.
Irene broke away, "You better answer it."
Marty answered the phone call, "Hello. Calm down now, Bridget. I'll be there. Just calm down." He turned off the phone and threw it in the backseat,     "What's wrong?" Irene asked.
    "My daughter... She married this man and he seemed like a real stand-up lad, but he's taken to the bottle and..."
    "Marty, is she alright?"
    "Apparently, he just beat the hell outta her. She's hiding out at some gas station."
    "Did you call the police?"
    "I will as soon as I have my baby safe with me."
    "Marty, it's not your fault. We'll get her and she'll be fine. She can stay with me."
    Marty sped to the gas station where Bridget was hiding out. Irene went into the bathroom, "Bridget," Irene said softly as she heard soft cries coming from a stall. The woman quieted. "My name's Irene. I don't know if your dad, Martin Callahan has talked about me, but we're friends. Well, we were actually grabbing a bite to eat when he got your call. Listen sweetie, I don't know what you're going through with your husband, but I want you to know that I'm here for you. I know your mother passed away when you were born. I have two girls myself," Irene said squatting down on the floor, "I have twin boys too. They're all good kids, but believe me, kiddo, they've struggled too. You'll get through this."
    The stall door slowly creaked open and a woman with chestnut brown hair looked at Irene. Her eyes were a bright green and they were filled with tears, "My father's going to kill me."
    "No, he's not, sweetie."
    "I'm pregnant."