Chapter 1

"So, I have news for all of you."  The older gentleman had said with a bright smile on his face, he wasn't much older than normal parents, around the age of thirty or so.

"What is it dad?" The nine-year-old energetic boy had asked,

"I bet daddy got us a kitty!" The younger girl had smiled brightly,

"It's not a kitty, Kaelyn." Her father chuckled.

"Then what is it?" The boy asked again,

"I got a job offer in France that pays more than what my current job does!" He said happily. The children weren't all that fond of it, but clapped anyway.

"Jongin, hunny, that's too far." The mother had said,

"Listen to me! They'll provide us with a nice house, nice cars, everything!" Jongin tried convincing his wife,

"No, you listen to me JongIn! I'm not dropping everything to go to France just because you have a job offer!" Their mother had screamed at the top of her lungs, their father slapped her cheek, leaving a bright red mark just under her eye, causing her to drive off the road.

"MOMMY!" The four-year-old girl had screamed, desperately frightened for her life.

"Don't worry about your mother, princess." Her father smirked, taking the wheel and driving the car into a large tree, causing everyone to be ejected from the car. Alll four of the family members were scattered far apart from the car, the only ones who seemed to be moving were the children.

"K-Kai..." The young girl cried out, desperate for her brother to answer.

"K-Kae.." The young Kai had ran towards his sister, examining her for any injuries. He spotted a large cut on her side and took his shirt off, pressing it against her wound to hopefully stop the bleeding.

All that could be heard from Kae was cries, cries for help.

cries for this to be over.

Kae had jolted up out of her sleep breathing heavily and sweat dripping down her face.

"You had that nightmare again?" A girl came into her room, setting down a glass of milk.

Kae ran her fingers through her dark, straight, long hair. "Yeah,"

"Well here's some milk to help you go back to sleep, we have a long day tomorrow." The younger looking girl had smiled before patting Kae's leg,

"Thanks, Haeri. Sometimes it's hard to believe that you're the oldest." Kae chuckled softly before taking a small sip from the glass,

Haeri stood up and smiled, "Well, I'm just a childish twenty-three year old."

"It's also hard to believe that I'll get to see my brother tomorrow. It's been almost four years since I last saw him, I hope his group is doing well." Kae smiled, remembering all the fun things her and her brother used to do together. 

"Lemmie guess, bubble tea at the park?" Haeri leaned her shoulder against the wall, crossing her arms and looking at Kae with a warm, motherly expression.

"You know us too well," The younger chuckled once again,

"Well, considering you come home and tell us the same thing," Haeri shrugged.

"I should sleep now, thanks for the milk." Kae smiled before laying back down, watching as Haeri tucks her in and kisses her temple.

"Goodnight, maknae."

[~Author's Note~]

Hey guys! I'm new here :3. I came up with this idea after reading a fanfic here on wattpad, kudos to my friend Autumn--SHINeeGirl123--for getting me addicted to this app/site :3 ANYWAYS, this chapter is short but the next chapter will be longer I promise!