Chapter 15: Hidden Clues

BELLA'S P.O.V

I can't believe I've been walking around this place for more than an hour and I haven't gotten anywhere yet? I've at least managed to escape the criminal neighborhood I was originally in, and it's far more safe here. Maybe I should try asking someone directions, most people here seem quite friendly.

I walked up to a girl who had stopped walking because she was looking through her phone. She was brunette, and had dark brown eyes, slightly taller than me.

"Hello" I said, greeting her to make her comfortable.

"Uh Hi!" She smiled.

"Could I please ask you a favor?" I asked.

"Sure" She simply said.

"I'm kind of lost, I'm new here.. and I don't know my way around." I stated.

I didn't know whether I should ask her directions to the palace or back to the boarding school. I mean, I know there will be a heap of paparazzi still surrounding the palace, but I had to make this whole trip worth while. What was the point turning back now, I had to go to the palace.

"Oh, I'm actually not the best with directions and stuff, I know the local area but not a lot after that, you could use my phone to call someone if you want?" She said politely.

"Thank you!" I said in relief as I took the phone off of her. 

I was going to call Ashton at first for advice on what to do, but in the past few days, I've had a lot of time to think and I've realised I'm not acting the way I should towards Luke, he's my boyfriend and he should be my key priority, he should know all of this stuff, not Ashton. I think I should be calling Luke, I should explain this all to him, and I owe him a huge apology for not saying goodbye to him.

I dialed his number in and placed the phone near my ear.

"Hello? Bella!?" He picked up almost instantly.

"Luke I need to apologise, I um I just-" I began.

"Bella something more important has happened" Luke whispered.

"W-what is it?" I started to worry.

"It's Ashton" He said as my heart sank, and I started panicking.

"W-what about him!?" I stuttered.

"He's been in a car accident, he's in Royal Hospital right now... He's unresponsive." Luke sighed.

I hung up giving the girl her phone back, "Thank you" I said as I ran to the street opposite me, hoping to find a taxi or a bus stop.

LUKE'S P.O.V

"Hello?" I spoke into the phone.

Did Bella jsut hang up on me? I thought to myself. It hurt me a little, first she leaves and may not be coming back and she doesn't even say goodbye to me, then she doesn't even call and when she finally does she hangs up... for Ashton. It kind of made me question if she actually even loved me?

I sighed and sat down on the hospital seats with my friends. They all seemed deeply worried and no one dared to say a word, except for the girls that I didn't know, they were here for Ashton, god knows who they were.

Suddenly another girl came running in, "Is Ashton okay!?" She screamed. She had a pretty good figure, and was a redhead, she was wearing tight shorts, and a tight leather cropped top with tights and a leopard print jacket. She seems like some sort of a stripper to me.

"We don't know" I sighed.

She came and quickly took a seat next to me, "who are you?" She asked.